Senior Research Associate, Cell Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
Our mission is to enable pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to bring more cell and gene therapies to patients, by dramatically increasing the efficiency of viral vector production and reducing the cost of manufacturing. 64x Bio was founded by world renowned scientists and experts in gene therapy from Harvard and the Wyss Institute. Our rapidly growing and cross disciplinary team consists of creative bioengineers and synthetic biologists working alongside data scientists to create cutting-edge solutions to problems in gene therapy.
- Support scientists with cell line development including cloning, characterization, and cell banking.
- Engineer and validate cell lines using tools such as CRISPR, lentivirus, recombinases, and other methods.
- Maintain and optimize mammalian cell culture processes with adherent and suspension systems.
- Contribute to the writing and maintenance of SOPs.
- Communicate and present experimental and project progress to the Biology team at 64x Bio.
- Collaborate with Operations and other teams at 64x to secure experimental resources to complete experiments in a timely manner.
- BA in synthetic biology, molecular biology, bioengineering, cell biology or related field with 4+ years of wet lab experience in a mammalian biology context, or MS with 3+ years
- Experience with mammalian cell culture of both adherent and suspension cell lines
- Experience with cell engineering and stable cell line generation
- Demonstrated ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems
- Ability to reprioritize throughout the day and week as new needs arise in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills
See more open positions at 64x Bio
Something looks off?