Senior Scientist I, Bioprocess
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Our mission is to enable pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to bring more cell and gene therapies to patients, by dramatically increasing the efficiency of viral vector production and reducing the cost of manufacturing. 64x Bio was founded by world renowned scientists and experts in gene therapy from Harvard and the Wyss Institute. Our rapidly growing and cross disciplinary team consists of creative bioengineers and synthetic biologists working alongside data scientists to create cutting-edge solutions to problems in gene therapy.
- Establish and optimize small and mid-scale AAV production processes with mammalian producer cell lines
- Develop assays and analyze data for AAV quality characterization including titer, packaging ratios, aggregation, and sequence integrity
- Support process characterization efforts for technology transfer with external partners
- Coordinate project plans and communication with CROs for outsourcing
- Write SOPs, record experimental reports, and present results at meetings
- Collaborate as a technical leader cross-functionally with automation, and cell engineering to scope project requirements, plan timelines, and drive projects to completion
- Mentor junior scientists in daily lab activities
- PhD in synthetic biology, molecular biology, bioengineering, cell biology, chemical engineering or related field with 6+ years of industry/academia wet lab experience, or BA/MS with 10+ years of industry experience
- Expertise culturing mammalian suspension producer cell lines and developing upstream production processes in a variety of formats
- Experience developing assays for AAV QC characterization and familiarity with instruments such as the ddPCR, Gator, etc.
- Proactive self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and effective communication skills
See more open positions at 64x Bio
Something looks off?