Scientist I, Functional Genomics
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Our mission is to enable pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to bring more cell and gene therapies to patients, by dramatically increasing the efficiency of viral vector production and reducing the cost of manufacturing. 64x Bio was founded by world renowned scientists and experts in gene therapy from Harvard and the Wyss Institute. Our rapidly growing and cross disciplinary team consists of creative bioengineers and synthetic biologists working alongside data scientists to create cutting-edge solutions to problems in gene therapy.
- Apply experience with CRISPR genetic perturbation in the design and execution of high-throughput genetic screens in mammalian cell lines.
- Develop and implement new protocols to increase the throughput and reproducibility of screen experiments.
- Assist in interpretation of high-throughput genetic screen data.
- Design, build, and clone plasmid vectors for mammalian cell line expression.
- Drive the development and onboarding of new NGS assays for functional genomics in collaboration with the Genomics team.
- Coordinate project plans and communication with CROs for outsourcing.
- Write SOPs, record experimental reports, and present results at meetings.
- Mentor junior scientists in daily lab activities.
- PhD with training in biology, molecular biology, cell biology, biophysics, bioengineering, or a related field and 0-2+ years of postdoc/industry experience.
- Expertise with CRISPR systems and familiarity with a variety of genome engineering and perturbation modalities.
- Experience culturing and engineering adherent and suspension mammalian cell lines.
- Experience designing vectors and cloning workflows for mammalian cells.
- Proactive self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and effective communication skills.
See more open positions at 64x Bio
Something looks off?