Senior Scientist I, Functional Genomics
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Our mission is to enable pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to bring more cell and gene therapies to patients, by dramatically increasing the efficiency of viral vector production and reducing the cost of manufacturing. 64x Bio was founded by world renowned scientists and experts in gene therapy from Harvard and the Wyss Institute. Our rapidly growing and cross disciplinary team consists of creative bioengineers and synthetic biologists working alongside data scientists to create cutting-edge solutions to problems in gene therapy.
- Develop and implement new protocols to increase the throughput and reproducibility of screen experiments.
- Collaborate with bioinformatics to analyze and interpret data for experimental iteration.
- Design, build, and clone plasmid vectors for mammalian cell line expression.
- Collaborate with the Genomics team to onboard new NGS assays for functional genomics.
- Coordinate project plans and communication with CROs for outsourcing
- Write SOPs, record experimental reports, and present results at meetings
- PhD in synthetic biology, molecular biology, bioengineering, cell biology, chemical engineering or related field with 5+ years of industry and/or postdoc wet lab experience, or BA/MS with equivalent expertise.
- Expertise with CRISPR systems and familiarity with a variety of genome engineering and perturbation modalities.
- Experience culturing and engineering adherent and suspension mammalian cell lines.
- Experience designing vectors and cloning workflows for mammalian cells.
- Proactive self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and effective communication skills.
See more open positions at 64x Bio
Something looks off?