Engineering Manager, Bytes Team
Adept's mission is to build Useful General Intelligence. We are solving open problems in AI in order to train models that can do arbitrary things on a computer, and we are solving open product problems in order to package these models into a form factor that best enhances human experience and performance.
We’ve recently raised a $350M Series B led by General Catalyst and Spark, on top of a $65M Series A in 2022 with Addition and Greylock. We’re fortunate to be supported by amazing firms and angels such as Chris Re, Andrej Karpathy, Root Ventures, Howie Liu, Dara Khosrowshahi, and others, and were recently highlighted by Forbes. Adept is backed by a coalition of strategic partners, including Atlassian, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and Workday.
We're looking for passionate team members who want to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, are excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and are eager to learn and collaborate together in our San Francisco office.
For more information, check out our blog!
The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong understanding of computer systems, a good intuition for the scientific method, and has successfully led large research or engineering projects in the past. Given the central importance of data to modern machine learning techniques, this role is critical to the company.
- Build and manage a hybrid team of researchers and engineers
- Collaborate with the Foundations Team to understand training needs and regularly ship new data releases
- Brainstorm unusual data sources and figure out how to get them, whether by licensing or otherwise
- Build, operate, and maintain infrastructure to find and process data
- Design and run experiments to improve our understanding of which data is better to train on, which ways of processing it yield the best performance, etc!
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with a track record of leading successful research or engineering projects to completion
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with both other research stakeholders and the core infrastructure team
- Ideally, experience building and managing large scale data pipelines and running machine learning experiments - but we understand that these skills are somewhat rare and are willing to relax these constraints for the right candidate
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage - 100% for employees
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation time for exempt employees
- 4 remote weeks per year - work from anywhere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Daily meals for those in our comfortable SF office
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly
Something looks off?