Research Scientist, Foundations
Adept's mission is to build Useful General Intelligence. We are solving open problems in AI in order to train models that can do arbitrary things on a computer, and we are solving open product problems in order to package these models into a form factor that best enhances human experience and performance.
We’ve recently raised a $350M Series B led by General Catalyst and Spark, on top of a $65M Series A in 2022 with Addition and Greylock. We’re fortunate to be supported by amazing firms and angels such as Chris Re, Andrej Karpathy, Root Ventures, Howie Liu, Dara Khosrowshahi, and others, and were recently highlighted by Forbes. Adept is backed by a coalition of strategic partners, including Atlassian, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and Workday.
We're looking for passionate team members who want to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, are excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and are eager to learn and collaborate together in our San Francisco office.
For more information, check out our blog!
We’re seeking a research scientist for our Foundations Team. In this role you’ll work in a group to generate fundamental research breakthroughs on the topic of compressing and representing human knowledge. The ideal candidate is someone who has produced and implemented machine learning research of substantial practical importance. The job involves designing and running large-scale experiments on complicated infrastructure, so strong experimental intuition and programming skills are also necessary.
- Work in a team setting to understand the behavior and limitations of our current models
- Develop, implement, and test ideas for significantly improving those models
- Drive the downstream implementation of these improvements all the way to deployment, with an eye toward user-perceptible performance improvements
- Excellent quantitative intuition and problem solving skills
- Experience driving long-term, ambiguous research projects to completion - ideally with significant practical impact
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with other researchers and the infrastructure and product teams
The pay range for this position in California is $175,000 - $350,000yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience. In addition to base salary, we also offer competitive equity and benefits packages.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage - 100% for employees
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation time for exempt employees
- 4 remote weeks per year - work from anywhere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Daily meals for those in our comfortable SF office
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly