Adept's mission is to build Useful General Intelligence. We are solving open problems in AI in order to train models that can do arbitrary things on a computer, and we are solving open product problems in order to package these models into a form factor that best enhances human experience and performance.
We’ve recently raised a $350M Series B led by General Catalyst and Spark, on top of a $65M Series A in 2022 with Addition and Greylock. We’re fortunate to be supported by amazing firms and angels such as Chris Re, Andrej Karpathy, Root Ventures, Howie Liu, Dara Khosrowshahi, and others, and were recently highlighted by Forbes. Adept is backed by a coalition of strategic partners, including Atlassian, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and Workday.
We're looking for passionate team members who want to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, are excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and are eager to learn and collaborate together in our San Francisco office.
For more information, check out our blog!
Adept is moving fast on hard problems. We need our IT environment to be secure, productive, and reliable.
- Software and cloud management
- Establish and maintain internal and external software, including setup, documentation, and user management
- Work closely with users to minimize friction and maximize productivity
- Oversee cost controls and best practices
- Security collaboration
- Work closely with engineering and security to align IT environment with security goals
- Promote a culture of security and data safety within the company
- IT vendor engagement
- Manage IT providers, e.g., for hardware provisioning, to ensure excellent service to the Adept user base
- Select and onboard new vendors as necessary
- Take overall ownership of IT at Adept: define strategy, identify needs, and act with agency
- Hire and lead an Adept IT team when one is established
We value generalists who can engage with new problems and get things done at a startup. Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds. If you have some of these, you might be a good fit:
- 4+ years of experience in an IT role
- Expertise deploying and managing complex software tools, e.g., Okta, Office, Jira
- Experience supporting compliance and certification, e.g., SOC 2
- Successful track record at fast-growing startups
- Demonstrated end-to-end ownership and self-direction
- Comfort with moving fast and learning by doing
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written
The pay range for this position in California is $150,000 - $190,000yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience. In addition to base salary, we also offer competitive equity and benefits packages.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage - 100% for employees
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation time for exempt employees
- 4 remote weeks per year - work from anywhere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Daily meals for those in our comfortable SF office
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly