Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Airbyte is the open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs.So far, we've built over 350 connectors and have had 35,000+ companies replicating data with us. We've raised $181M from some of the world's top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Altimeter, Coatue, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.Airbyte is remote friendly, with most of the team still based in Silicon Valley. We’re fully transparent as a company. Our company handbook, core values, methodology, strategy and roadmap are open to all.If you find this role exciting, we encourage you to apply even if you think you don’t meet all requirements. OpportunityAirbyte is seeking a Bay Area-based Account Executive to join our sales team, reporting directly to the Head of Sales. This individual will be charged with closing a list of accounts (inbound and outbound) across our different product lines.This role will be primarily selling into the CTO / CIO organization with frequent interaction with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Heads of Engineering, Developers, Data Scientists, etc. Foundational knowledge of cloud infrastructure, the modern data stack, API-based data connections, and database replication – or a demonstrated ability to pick up new industry knowledge quickly — is a necessity.New business and small footprint deals will grow your client base, and overachievement will likely depend on landing & expanding from single departments to company-wide deployments. This is an opportunity to be an early part of a growing startup sales function with a strong product-led growth motion. What You'll Do
- Manage the entire deal cycle on qualified leads through Evaluation, POC, Proposal, Negotiation, and Closed-Won, tracking towards a quarterly bookings target (quota).
- Own relationship building and deal formulation across a book of business.
- Share in prospecting / outbound efforts.
- Act as a conduit for competitive intel, feature requests, and customer requirements to our product, marketing, executive, and engineering teams.
- Keep a clean, up-to-date pipeline that is 5-10x quarterly quota.
- 4+ Years B2B sales experience within SaaS / Cloud / Data.
- Demonstrated history of quota attainment and overachievement.
- Excellent organizational0, presentation, and communication skills.
- An optimistic, energetic attitude.
- Both a hunter and farmer mentality.
- You share our values.
- San Francisco Bay Area. Hybrid, twice per week in office.