Sales Development Representative (SDR)
At ALT, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
ALT is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
At Alt, we know that the key to growth is a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking the best Senior Sales Development Representative (SDR) to find, engage and win new customers who could benefit from our products and services. As the first line of communication with current and potential customers, the ideal sales executive has a strong understanding of the sales process, Alt's marketplace offerings and excels at prospecting, identifying potential customers needs, and onboarding new customers onto the Alt platform. An Alt sales rep should be immersed in the hobby, have a strong understanding of buying and selling dynamics, marketplace friction points, industry trends and buying and selling cycles, strong communication skills and an ability to showcase our offerings in a compelling way.
The impact you will make:
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support
- Researching potential leads from social media, web searches, and other digital resources
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, support requests, references, tradeshows, etc
- Presenting and delivering information to potential clients
- Answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions
- Tracking weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics
- Building pipelines with channel partners and team members to close sales
- Maintaining database (Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information
- Closing sales and working with client through closing process
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of inside sales experience or related experience
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people all day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
- Eager to expand company with new sales, clients and markets
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- In-depth understanding of company services and its position in the industry
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching next potential client
- Knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
What you will get from us:
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- $200/month work-from-home stipend
- $100/month wellness stipend
- WeWork office Stipend
- 401(k) retirement benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)
Alt's compensation package includes a competitive base salary benchmarked against real-time market data, as well as equity for all full-time roles. We want all full-time employees to be invested in Alt and to be able to take advantage of that investment, so our equity grants include a 10-year exercise window. The base salary range for this role is: $85,000 - $105,000. Offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.