At Alt, we’re on a mission to unlock the value of alternative assets, and looking for talented people who share our vision. Our platform enables users to exchange, invest, value, securely store, and authenticate their collectible cards. And we envision a world where anything is an investable asset.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
As our resident Pricing Associate, you will use your trading card passion and knowledge to support the Vault & Modeling operations function. Your tasks will range from assisting the sales, lending, and modeling teams to helping with pricing strategy, attending card shows around the country, and supporting our customer base with sports card related categories. We’re looking for a Pricing Associate that can leverage their card knowledge to help improve our processes, be a self-starter and problem solve.
The impact you will make:
- Assist the internal product & operations team in the sports card valuation process
- Weigh in on detailed card questions, such as card values, nomenclature, history, and trends across many categories of cards
- Accurately enter data into the Alt database including individualized card information, nuances, and pricing details
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer & Operation teams to support demands internally and externally.
- Understand and continuously learn about new types of cards, transactions, and market trends
- Innovate from within by leveling up on card strategies that help support Alt's vision.
What you bring to the table:
- Passion for sports cards, technology and helping others succeed
- Quantitative research skills to assess sports card pricing strategies adhered to Alt standards and make recommendations for future improvements
- Broad knowledge across many categories of cards, such as modern sports, vintage sports, TCG, etc. If you do not personally have deep knowledge of all categories, you know where to look for additional expertise.
- Ability to recognize current trends within the industry
- High attention to detail and focus on execution and quality.
- A quick learner, a self-starter able to work autonomously and handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
What you will get from us:
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- $100/month work-from-home stipend
- $200/month wellness stipend
- WeWork office Stipend
- 401(k) retirement benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)
Alt's compensation package includes a competitive base salary benchmarked against real-time market data, as well as equity for all full-time roles. We want all full-time employees to be invested in Alt and to be able to take advantage of that investment, so our equity grants include a 10-year exercise window. The base salary range for this role is: $60,000-$70,000. Offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.