Member of Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management (Senior Associate)
Posted on Wednesday, March 8, 2023
At Anchorage Digital we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
The Enterprise Risk Management team supports making informed decisions that align to strategic goals through the bank risk assessment process. In this role, you will influence efforts to identify, assess, and mitigate risk sources, develop risk strategy recommendations, and communicate both findings and recommendations to key business partners and senior leadership.
Please note this role is similar to an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Associate in traditional banking.
As a Member of Compliance, ERM you will:
- Coordinate, on an ongoing basis, the implementation of the Risk Management Plan.
- Develop risk management tools, practices, policies, and metrics to help business units and departments understand specific risks and manage those risks according to the established enterprise risk management framework.
- Ensure the organization's risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with regulator expectations, applicable regulations, and strategic imperatives of the organization.
- Develop and implement risk management procedures and training, as needed.
- Supports audit and regulator requests, including risk assessment summaries, remediation and issue management, and other evidence produced by the ERM program.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 4-6 years of experience supporting and enhancing an Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Familiarity with OCC guidance relevant to ERM, specifically knowledge of COSO, RMA, and FFIEC guidance.
- Experience enhancing ERM policies and procedures across internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience supporting governance committees, such as boards, executive management, and regulators.
- Curiosity that drives you to understand the wider picture while maintaining a high level of detail retention.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess a wide range of topics and assess risk at a micro and a macro level.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have directly interfaced with state or federal regulators.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $120,000 - $150,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally. You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
See more open positions at Anchorage Digital
Something looks off?