Lead Counsel, Brokerage (Associate GC)
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
In the fast paced world of crypto, we must structure our business using the traditional financial model while not stifling the inherent efficiencies and features of blockchain technology. We must use a risk based approach to provide the best products and services for our institutional clients without incurring undue risk to the Company. We must also memorialize our relationships in ways that stand the test of time in the face of uncertainty.
We need someone to assist with digital asset trading matters both structure and operations - all mission critical to our operations. In addition, we need someone with the intellect and curiosity to help us build our business holistically.
We are looking for an Associate General Counsel, Brokerage to report to our General Counsel. This person will advise and support the digital asset brokerage lines of business from a legal perspective. They will be a true business partner within the legal team to identify and solve real time challenges of creating a new financial system.
As an Associate General Counsel, Brokerage, you will:
- Shepherd certain affiliates through various brokerage regulatory approvals.
- Structure and support the trading business line from a legal perspective.
- Help advise company leadership on existing and emerging legal issues, with particular focus on brokerage and trading issues.
- Work closely with the compliance team on policy updates/management of policies and procedures.
- Analyze complex regulatory frameworks and communicate findings clearly.
- Analogize precedential and historical regulations and guidance to new and innovative products and structures
- Execute with moderate supervision and balance commercial and legal realities.
- Build a team as we grow.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- A J.D. degree
- Demonstrated experience advising clients on commodities or securities transactions and applying the laws relating to trading, clearing, margining, and reporting requirements for securities and commodities products
- A background in drafting and negotiating security and/or commodity trading and clearing agreements, preferably including ISDA, and other structured product agreements
- Strong knowledge of federal securities and/or commodities trading regulation, including experience with SEC, FINRA, CFTC and NFA regulatory structures
- FINRA and securities trading legal experience
- Close attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Enthusiasm for crypto, an understanding of the space, and are ready to adapt traditional laws to this new asset class
- Some combination of the following: conscientious, adaptable, collaborative, creative, curious, and humble
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $213,000 - $261,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally. You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
See more open positions at Anchorage Digital
Something looks off?