Founded in 2014, AptDeco is an online furniture resale marketplace that makes the buying and selling of used furniture easy, affordable, and accessible. Fast forward to today, we operate a national marketplace and build cutting edge logistics for single furniture pickups and deliveries.
If you’re excited by cutting edge modern web development, A/B testing, and making impactful contributions, see below for more information!
What we’re looking for:
- Expertise in building modern, responsive web applications
- Proactive problem solvers and critical thinkers. You like to search for opportunities and don’t wait for directions.
- Continuous learners. The team is driven by learning and growing and loves to take on new tasks.
- Detail oriented and strong communicator. Whether it’s spotting missing requirements or communicating timeline expectations, you pay attention to the small things and communicate when things don’t go to plan.
- Driven, focused self-starters who take ownership of their work.
You’ll work on:
- Implementing and polishing UX based on Figma designs
- A/B testing new features to strengthen the platform
- Achieving a mobile-first responsive design
- 3+ years web development experience
- In-depth knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with modern web frameworks and cloud infrastructure
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Working knowledge of Apollo GraphQL
- Familiarity with design applications like Figma
- Experience with headless CMS services like Prismic
- Bonus: Full-stack / Back-end development
- Bonus: AWS knowledge and DevOps practices
$100,000 - $130,000 / annual salary
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of a total compensation package that also includes benefits, equity, and other opportunities at AptDeco. We created thoughtful and well researched salary ranges that take into consideration the following components: company industry, size, revenue, department, and funding stage.
As an early stage startup, we also include equity in compensation packages and believe employees should have an option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from what we hope will be a lot of upside growth.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and balancing internal equity relative to other employees. We are confident that the overall package offered is on par if not more competitive to others at our stage.
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving can be stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people across the United States.
AptDeco is committed to building diverse, inclusive, and equitable teams. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage individuals from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for positions.
Something looks off?