Head of People & Culture
People & HR
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
At AptDeco, we are building a best in class furniture marketplace combined with a truly one of a kind logistics platform that optimizes for single furniture pick ups and deliveries. What makes AptDeco unique is our delivery logistics. Because we do not warehouse items, we rely on cutting edge scheduling and routing algorithms to pick up and deliver thousands of items every month. As AptDeco continues to grow and expand to new markets this year, it’s critical we create a sustainable and thoughtful people function.
AptDeco is looking for a Head of People & Culture who is excited to build and refine people processes within a growing organization. This role will play a critical role in scaling the AptDeco HQ and Delivery Team. As the Head of People & Culture, you will be responsible for leading, coaching, and overseeing the entire function. This role will be entrusted to develop and execute people strategy across the company. This role reports to the CEO and requires travel to our Warehouses as necessary.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join a startup and make an impact from Day One. Here’s more information about the role.
- Review and assess existing people processes to potentially improve and create efficiency
- Collaborate with the CEO, CoFounder, and other department leaders to create programs to improve company communication, process, and retention
- Motivate, inspire, and empower the HQ and Delivery Team through your leadership
- Develop and implement a training and development program for HQ and Delivery Team personnel
- Leverage people data to establish People strategy, KPIs, and OKRs
- Partner with Manager-level and above to execute and monitor performance management throughout the entire organization
- Manage the entire onboarding and offboarding process for employees
- Organize ways for team members to connect with another at a personal level e.g. social events, game nights, etc
- Build a culture that’s focused on growth, inclusion, equity, and transparency
- Recruit for all open positions from HQ to Delivery Team
- Handle all HR related questions e.g. payroll, benefits, etc.
- Own and proactively address employee relations issues and employee investigations
- Ensure the company remains in compliance with State, Federal, and Local employment and labor laws for all employee policies
- Handle all Workers Compensation, Disability and Leave claims
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of human resources or people operations management experience
- Deep understanding of how to run a high quality, full cycle recruiting process for exempt and nonexempt employees
- Strong knowledge of how an hourly, piece rate, workforce operates
- Desire to hire, build, retain and nurture teams
- Proven success in building a culture that aligns with a company’s high-level goals
- The ability to work toward company goals with a strong sense of urgency and ownership
- Excellent organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Expertise in various HR programs and functions including, but not limited to recruiting, onboarding, compensation, benefits, performance management, leadership development, employee relations, and organizational development
- Prior experience managing a transportation, logistics, warehouse, or delivery workforce is preferred but not required
Salary Range: $140,000 - $180,000
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of a total compensation package that also includes benefits, equity, and other opportunities at AptDeco. We created thoughtful and well researched salary ranges that take into consideration the following components: company industry, size, revenue, department, and funding stage.
As an early stage startup, we also include equity in compensation packages and believe employees should have an option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from what we hope will be a lot of upside growth.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and balancing internal equity relative to other employees. We are confident that the overall package offered is on par if not more competitive to others at our stage.
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving can be stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people across the United States.
AptDeco is committed to building diverse, inclusive, and equitable teams. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage individuals from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for positions.