Director of Logistics Operations
At AptDeco, we are building a best in class furniture marketplace combined with a truly one of a kind logistics platform that optimizes for single furniture pick ups and deliveries. Our delivery logistics is what makes AptDeco unique in this space. Because we do not warehouse items, we rely on cutting edge scheduling and routing algorithms to pick up and deliver thousands of items every month. It’s important for us to build a strong logistics and operations foundation as we continue to grow and expand to new markets.
AptDeco is seeking a results-driven, enthusiastic, and process oriented Director of Logistics Operations to build and drive continuous operations improvement in a meaningful way. This role reports to the CEO and Co-Founders and will require travel to our current and future Warehouse locations in the United States.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join a startup and make an impact from Day One. Are you interested in changing the way people buy and sell used furniture? Here’s more information about the Director of Logistics Operations role.
Strategy, Vision, and Business Goals
- Create, own, and execute against Operations OKR’s, KPI’s, vision, and goals.
- Develop and define short and long-term Logistics Operations strategies.
- Partner with the Leadership Team to ensure the company's operational priorities are aligned to strategic company goals.
- Report, summarize, and share your analysis of operations data and financials to the Leadership Team and the broader organization.
- Ensure the Operations Team is in compliance with all government regulations and statutes in different markets (currently NYC and SF).
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, partners, and carriers, review contracts and negotiate terms.
Innovation and Improvement
- Analyze and leverage data to ensure continuous improvement and innovation within the Operations Department.
- Advocate for innovation by bringing ideas to life in an agile and holistic way.
- Create strong feedback loops across the Operations Team to assess what’s working and not working in a timely manner.
Operations Performance and Results
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve operations performance while reducing costs and financial risk for the organization.
- Develop and manage scalable processes and workflows that deliver on performance. across multiple locations with different volumes and complexities. i.e. consistent, timely, and accurate deliveries of jobs across all operating markets.
- Assess and create standard operating procedures and best practices for performance monitoring in order to optimize job quality, cost, and speed.
- Provide inspirational leadership to all direct reports ensuring that individuals feel heard and understood, and comprehend the bigger Operations goal and/or objective.
- Collaborate with the People & Culture Manager to build a best in class employee experience including hiring, learning & development, engagement, and retention.
- Hire, develop, and lead a high-performing team across all levels in the Operations Department providing training and mentorship along the way.
- 8+ years of senior logistics operations leadership experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and lead high-performing teams
- An advanced level of understanding in data analysis, financials, operational metrics, and process improvement
- The ability to prioritize, project manage, and deliver on multiple initiatives that have significant financial impact to the organization
- A proven track record of scaling logistics operations processes, driving efficiencies, and enhancing customer experience
- Developed successful operations strategy around growth, expansion, and customer experience to drive the business forward
- The ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- A deep understanding of the furniture marketplace industry and experience in delivering logistics and operations results
- The ability to travel to different AptDeco Warehouse locations, per business needs
- MBA preferred
$140,000 - $170,000 / annual salary
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of a total compensation package that also includes benefits, equity, and other opportunities at AptDeco. We created thoughtful and well researched salary ranges that take into consideration the following components: company industry, size, revenue, department, and funding stage.
As an early stage startup, we also include equity in compensation packages and believe employees should have an option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from what we hope will be a lot of upside growth.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and balancing internal equity relative to other employees. We are confident that the overall package offered is on par if not more competitive to others at our stage.
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged, and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving can be stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people across the United States.
AptDeco is committed to building diverse, inclusive, and equitable teams. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage individuals from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for positions.
Something looks off?