Software Engineer, Backend
At Arcus, our mission is to advance AI through better data. We believe that data is the ultimate representation of the world and providing ML models with the highest fidelity representations is the most important challenge to solve for AI today. We’re advancing the state of the art in AI by ensuring that every model has the data it needs.
We’re building the comprehensive data platform that helps our users turnkey improve their AI applications. Arcus automatically discovers relevant features within our users’ internal data, valuable external data, synthetic data and transparently integrates this data directly into the model to improve its performance. Users simply connect their models to our platform and are automatically matched with the most valuable data for their specific application across their training and inference workflows. Arcus then empirically measures the exact impact of this data on the model’s performance.
We’re extremely well-funded by top tier VCs and angel investors who share our mission and we’re rapidly building out our team based out of our Flatiron office in NYC.
What You'll Do
As a founding engineer at Arcus, you will be responsible for building the core features and functionality of the Arcus Data Platform. You will work closely with our founders, customers and the rest of the team to build the core backend product functionality to enable our customers to build and improve their AI applications with our data platform. This includes features like discovering and consuming external data from our catalog of millions of datasets, integrating into and discovering relevant data from customers’ internal data stores, monitoring and automatically improving data quality issues, all in a highly secure and performant way.
We use technologies like Golang, Python, gRPC, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Architect and build the core backend functionality that runs the data platform and helps users build enterprise-grade AI applications.
- Ensure the scalability, reliability and security of our software at an enterprise level.
- Develop a strong understanding of our company mission, industry and customers to develop deep intuition around their requirements to design and build features that push the state of the art.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and new technologies.
- Define the direction and culture of Arcus with your initiative and feedback.
Who You Are
- Excited to juggle multiple hats and work cross-functionally based on the needs of the business.
- Bias towards shipping rapidly and iterating with customer feedback.
- You have a demonstrated track record of excellence, across any field or domain (not necessarily related to the role).
- Exhibit a strong passion for taking ownership, continuous learning and personal growth.