Software Engineer, Machine Learning
At Arcus, our mission is to advance AI through better data. We believe that data is the ultimate representation of the world and providing ML models with the highest fidelity representations is the most important challenge to solve for AI today. We’re advancing the state of the art in AI by ensuring that every model has the data it needs.
We’re building the comprehensive data platform that helps our users turnkey improve their AI applications. Arcus automatically discovers relevant features within our users’ internal data, valuable external data, synthetic data and transparently integrates this data directly into the model to improve its performance. Users simply connect their models to our platform and are automatically matched with the most valuable data for their specific application across their training and inference workflows. Arcus then empirically measures the exact impact of this data on the model’s performance.
We’re extremely well-funded by top tier VCs and angel investors who share our mission and we’re rapidly building out our team based out of our Flatiron office in NYC.
What You'll Do
As a founding engineer at Arcus, you will push the frontiers of our machine learning capabilities. You will work closely with our founders, customers and the rest of the team to design, build, and productionize the core machine learning models and algorithms used by our platform to discover and rank the data that’s most valuable to ML models. This includes algorithms for feature and data point selection, synthetic data generation, data quality quantification, and unstructured data ranking and retrieval. Our ultimate goal is to define the future of data-centric AI.
We use technologies like Pytorch, XGBoost, Python, Golang, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Develop and rigorously evaluate novel ML methods and see them through from prototype to production.
- Lead innovative projects that will shape the AI capabilities of the Arcus platform.
- Develop a deep intuition of customer experience and user journeys to build innovative AI capabilities and define the future of data-centric AI.
- Define the future and culture of Arcus with your initiative and feedback.
Who You Are
- Bonus points for a PhD in machine learning, computer science or other related field.
- Passionate about keeping up with the existing state-of-the-art of ML and pushing the frontiers of the domain.
- Experience building production-worthy ML solutions using popular open source ML frameworks such as Pytorch and XGBoost.
- Excited to juggle multiple hats and work cross-functionally based on the needs of the business.
- Bias towards shipping rapidly and iterating on customer feedback.
- You have a demonstrated track record of excellence, across any field or domain (not necessarily related to the role).
- Exhibit a strong passion for taking ownership, continuous learning and personal growth.