Sr. Customer Solutions Engineer (Europe)
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2022
Ascend's mission is to enable every organization to innovate faster by harnessing the power of automation. We help customers spend more time bringing data innovations to life by simplifying and accelerating data orchestration.
As a Sr. Customer Solutions Engineer you will provide enterprise-level guidance and support to customers by researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues to the clients’ satisfaction while building a support team to address our growing list of customers. We believe the best teams are made from individuals who have a deep passion for customers, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
What You'll Do:
- Build and lead a regional support structure to support our growing customer base
- Improve processes to support our global customers 24/7, working across regions with other Engineers/Consultants
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal and external stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical obstacles and improve the platform
- Hands-on to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve data pipeline issues working directly with customers
- Work closely with engineering to resolve escalated product incidents
- Work across region to identify, submit and track feature requests with high impact to our customer data needs
- Work closely with our Tech Writers to ensure our documentation is updated and our Knowledge Base continues to evolve for customer self sufficiency
What we look for:
- Three to five years in a support role working directly with customers and managing a team
- Experience with technical support implementing proven techniques that both resolve issues and increase customer satisfaction
- Strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, flexibility, self-direction and a team mindset
- Experience working as a Data Engineer
- Experience building complex data pipelines
- Experience designing and building cloud-based data solutions including Data Lake, Data Warehouse and/or Lakehouse implementations (ex. S3/GCS/ADLS, Snowflake and/or Databricks)
- Deep experience with at least one cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Hands-on development experience with Python & Apache Spark
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, data engineering, information technology or relevant experience
Nice to Haves
- Experience in a start-up technology product company
- Hands-on with at least one additional programming language (Java, Scala, etc)
- Experience with software development processes
What We Offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision covered at 100%
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible PTO
- Annual Learning Stipend
- Remote Work Stipend
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ascend we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
See more open positions at Ascend.io
Something looks off?