Sales Engineer (EMEA)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Ascend's mission is to enable every organization to innovate faster by harnessing the power of data automation. We help customers spend more time building pipeline logic and analyzing data and allow the Ascend platform to simplify and accelerate data from ingest, transformation, orchestration, observability and delivery. We have been named as one of the "Best Places to Work" by Built In for 2023!
Leveraging the Ascend product, you will help our customers vastly accelerate their data projects, guiding their way through proof of concepts, implementations, and rollout. Your goal is simple: create as many raving fans as you can! You will do this by building on the enormous appeal of the product itself, adding the human element to give practical advice on how customers can optimally design and build data solutions. You’ll need to be a great listener to understand the customer business needs, a critical thinker/team collaborator in designing solutions, and a coach/friend to the customer as they embark on their journey with Ascend. We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have a deep passion for customers, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
Outcomes you will drive:
- Win trials
- Create raving fans of our users and buyers
What you'll do:
- You will architect the customer solution, map the customer needs to the Ascend product, and define the approach to integrating it into the customer context.
- Understand the customer environment from a sales perspective including key stakeholders and influencers.
- Create deep relationships (technical or otherwise) to be able to change thought processes to align with Ascend's paradigm.
- Keep technical scope of the trial aligned to Ascend and simple enough to keep in timeframes.
- You will have a front-row seat to what it really takes to make customers successful deploying the Ascend product. As such you are in the best position to provide the engineering team with the practical feedback necessary to make the product better and our customers more successful.
- In addition to architecting the solution, you’ll be expected to get hands-on as needed to enable and un-block the customer team.
- Overall, act as the day-to-day primary point of contact for the customer team as they evaluate the product, define their intended solution, implement, and roll-out.
What we look for:
- Experience designing and building cloud-based data solutions that are Lake or Warehouse centric.
- Skilled at non-technical aspects of selling.
- 3+ years experience leading or delivering applications for customers.
- Strong team mindset.
- All of the usual skills for a position like this: Strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, flexibility, self-direction, etc.
What we offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision covered at 100%
- Meaningful equity
- Annual Learning Stipend
- Remote Work Stipend
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ascend we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.