Field Data Engineer (US-Remote Optional)
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Ascend's mission is to enable every organization to innovate faster by harnessing the power of data automation. We help customers spend more time building pipeline logic and analyzing data and allow the Ascend platform to simplify and accelerate data from ingest, transformation, orchestration, observability and delivery. We have been named as one of the "Best Places to Work" by Built In for 2023!
You will help our customers accelerate their data projects, focused primarily on the initial technical implementation of Ascend. While you will have direct responsibility for building parts of the overall solution, you will also focus intently on up-leveling the customer in their ability to design and build data systems themselves. When you are not working directly with a customer, you will be part of the broader field engineering team working on customer POC's, staying current on leading edge technologies, helping other customers, and creating content. If you love a challenge, working with insanely bright and motivated people, and learning more faster than you thought possible, join Ascend, recently named a Gartner Cool Vendor!
What you'll do:
- With the help of a Solution Architect, you will design cutting-edge data solutions specific to customer requirements.
- Implement aspects of the solutions while providing support and guidance to customer developers on the team.
- Help our customer developers become raving fans of Ascend.
- Provide feedback to the product team on new features that will drive adoption and create raving fans.
- Assist/drive POC's with new potential customers.
- Research and implement technologies that are adjacent to and complementary to Ascend.
- Research and implement competitive technologies.
- Generate content that will accelerate customer learnings and promote self-sufficiency.
- Assist other customers as time permits.
- Build additional features / extensions for the Ascend platform.
What we look for:
- 1-3 years of Software Engineering experience.
- Some Experience with public cloud infrastructure and data services such as Athena, EMR, Redshift, S3, BigQuery, GCP, etc.
- Deep desire to learn/improve and be part of a winning team.
What we offer:
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Remote Friendly
The reasonably estimated base salary for this role ranges from $88,500 - $150,000 USD, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ascend we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.