Senior Enterprise Account Executive (Remote US)
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, June 6, 2022
Now's your opportunity to sell a product so impactful it brings tears of joy
Ava has built the best real-time transcription service (combining AI & human transcription) on the market. Our mobile, web, and desktop apps integrate seamlessly with existing tools and workflows to make all meetings and conversations fully accessible for deaf & hard-of-hearing employees, students, and individuals. Well-funded and with a product & tech stack that is miles ahead of the competition, we are now scaling Sales in North America, Europe, and beyond.
Besides an incredible growth opportunity, this is a unique chance to work with a set of products and services that are truly making an impact on people's lives. Every day we get messages like this from our users "Ava scribe has been incredibly helpful this year. I have passed all my university classes with more than an average grade everywhere thanks to this service."
Your mission will be to demo and close deals coming into our pipeline, and show your hustle while hunting for new business and develop Ava's playbook for selling to employers, educational institutions, healthcare institutions, and other organizations looking to empower d/Deaf & hard-of-hearing people. Selling becomes so much easier and so much more fun when you are actually solving a need that is everywhere. Instead of wondering if the client needs it, the question becomes when and how big we can start? Each new client means a step closer to our vision of a fully accessible world. Come help us walk faster and close more steps every day.
Our customer base ranges from small startups and schools to the biggest universities, retailers, and fortune 500 companies. We're still an early sales team transitioning from founder-led sales to a well-oiled sales machine, so no better time to join and take on a lot of responsibilities while growing with the success of the company. Your contributions will actually make the difference!
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You're an overachiever with 5+ years of sales experience
- 4+ yrs in enterprise REQUIRED in a SaaS start-up (Bonus: If you’ve sold into HR profiles)
- You have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hustle game on. We are still very much a startup, so we need people who don't shy away from a challenge
- You do what it takes to be successful in sales without sacrificing your values and you crave to make a meaningful impact in the world
- You have a positive outlook on life, infectious positive energy, and think of yourself as the CEO of your sales pipeline
- You have a growth mindset much more developed than most of your peers, you embrace feedback and you're consistently honing your craft
- You can put yourself in others’ shoes, see situations from perspectives other than your own, and help provide solutions
- You're a quick learner and are not afraid to try new (out of the box) strategies.
- You're familiar with the struggles d/Deaf & hard-of-hearing people face and/or have worked with accessibility referents in organizations
So... what will you do as an Account Executive at Ava?
- Drive sales revenue through new client acquisition
- Prospect and develop new potential accounts by educating them on how they can increase their accessibility services for their deaf & hard-of-hearing members with Ava.
- Work existing demand that has been qualified by sales development representatives
- Grow your pipeline by fielding inbound leads and continuously hunting and closing new business.
- Demo our product, relentlessly follow up to close business above quota
- Be proactive by questioning the sales process and making suggestions for improvement
- Have fun and work with a team of stellar professionals who you can also have a drink and a laugh with. Celebrating our wins is an important part of the job.
Why this Role?
- Sell a product that really changes lives on a large scale: How often do you hear about apps that make people cry with joy? It's really special when users tell you your product has changed their life. This is the feedback we get from our users every day, it's the fuel for our hard work. Ava has created a unique opportunity to be able to meaningfully improve the lives of 100,000s of people around the world - and we have only just scratched the surface!
- Work with some of the best and most compassionate people in the world: We have an incredibly talented and passionate team that is a lot of fun to work with. We're still small (30 FT + 20 PT) and have already accomplished more than most teams that are 10x our size. Our interests are very diverse — and we love to mix them into our everyday work-life balance. Most importantly, everyone at Ava cares about doing good. That 'glue' is hard to remove.
- Help build the foundations of sales at Ava: As an early member of our sales team, you'll be instrumental in helping define our sales motion. Help us optimize our processes based on your prior experience while building on top of our foundations and market knowledge.
- Meaningfully shape the future of accessibility: As you engage with users, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with our product and marketing teams to inform what we do next. There are many ways for us to grow, but the focus is everything.
- Join us at an incredible time: We've spent a good amount of time building out a product and a brand that makes sense to our users. Now we are clearly seeing the fruits of our labor, with 7x growth in the past 18 months. We're raising our series A to really take off and accelerate both our company growth and our market growth. You'd join at the perfect time to see this growth acceleration happen and to determine what this growth will look like!
Salary range: $150,000-$170,000 OTE*
*compensation will be solidified after the interview process based on experience