Staff Engineer - Fullstack
What is Baton?
Baton is the Silicon Valley based technology innovation lab for Ryder, a leading logistics company with 260,000 vehicles under management and $10.7 billion purchased and/or executed in customer freight moves. In September of 2022 Ryder acquired Baton to be their technology innovation lab. Prior to Ryder, Baton was a venture backed start up that was voted the #4 most disruptive company in freight (Amazon was #3)!
The problem we’re solving
Our mission is to eliminate waste in supply chain by creating a digital platform that uses AI to improve how freight is planned. There are 500 million hours wasted in trucking each year, over 3 billion gallons of fuel wasted per year from trucks idling, and 1 in 5 trucks on the road driving empty at any given point. This has a massive impact on the environment, the lives of millions of drivers, and ultimately, the cost of transportation that we all pay.
Staff Software Engineer - Fullstack
Hayes Valley, San Francisco, CA
- Take end-to-end ownership of FE stack for our user facing products -- from defining the technical roadmap to execution, you’ll be the go-to person when it comes to new products and product features.
- Invent and tinker. Imagine completely new ideas, experiment, and build transformative products and solutions for the freight industry.
- Provide technical mentorship to a growing team of world class engineers.
- 4+ years experience in software development, 1+ year as a technical lead
- Development experience with modern web frameworks
- Experience with React
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience building large scale user facing products with React
Nice to have
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with UI/UX best practices
- Interest in the freight and logistics space
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Hybrid work schedule
- 401k with matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health coverage
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Collaborative, fun, and tech forward office in Hayes Valley (San Francisco)
Compensation Range: The annual base salary range for this position is $188,000 - $261,000*. Compensation will vary based on factors including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Baton full-time employees are eligible for an annual performance bonus.
Tags:* React, React Native, Typescript, AWS, Python, FastAPI, Flask, Node.js, GraphQL*
Why you should join
- Have immediate impact
- With Ryder’s existing customer base of 50,000+ companies and an internal headcount of 43,000 the scale and impact of our products will be large and far reaching, from day one.
- We are primed to rapidly grow our team size in the next 12-18 months in efforts to build innovative products to help propel the transportation industry into the future.
- You’ll get to work in a high paced, startup-like environment, while having the stability and backing of Ryder and their full executive team.
- Our team isn’t afraid to do what it takes to get the job done - whether that’s hacking something together to quickly test a prototype, hanging out at a warehouse all day to make sure we understand exactly what needs to be built, or designing and deploying innovative technology based solutions.
- We’re going to design completely new tools for an industry that hasn’t been rethought in decades. And to do this we need people who think differently.
Something looks off?