Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Who We Are
Baton is seeking ambitious individuals who desire the autonomy and agility of a startup environment combined with the backing, power, reach, and stability of a highly respected logistics industry giant.
Baton is the Silicon Valley-based technology innovation lab for Ryder, a leading logistics company that owns 260k trucks and manages $7.4B of freight.
Prior to the September 2022 acquisition, Baton was a venture-backed start-up that operated a fleet of trucks and hung out at truck stops to truly understand the challenges at hand.
The Problem We’re Solving
Our mission is to eliminate supply chain waste by creating a digital platform that uses AI to improve how freight is planned.
There are 500 million hours wasted in trucking each year, over 3 billion gallons of fuel wasted per year from trucks idling, and 1 in 5 trucks on the road driving empty at any given point. This has a massive impact on the environment, the lives of millions of drivers, and ultimately, the cost of goods that we all pay. Baton is fixing that, and you will too through the impactful work you’ll do here.
Basic Job Details
- Role: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
- Location: Hayes Valley, San Francisco, CA
- Job type: Full Time (hybrid)
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading and executing software testing activities across multiple projects. They will be responsible for developing and implementing our test strategy from roadmap definition to execution. They will be accountable for executing test cases, and identifying defects to ensure high-quality software is delivered. This will require a meticulous attention to detail and the ability to effectively collaborate with, and communicate best testing practices to, all levels of the engineering team.
- Take the lead in designing, developing, and implementing automation strategies and frameworks for software QA and testing
- Develop and maintain test plans, test cases, and test scripts to ensure software quality and compliance with business requirements
- Identify risk points by collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize defects and issues
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices
- Stay current with emerging trends and technologies in the QA field
- Continuously improve the QA process by identifying and implementing process improvements
Who You Are
- Advanced proficiency in Python development
- Strong proficiency with implementing, and knowledge of, Gherkin (or similar) testing
- Ability to design and implement enterprise-grade testing automation strategies
- Ability to lead a technical project, with responsibility for project planning, and effective cross-functional communication and collaboration
- 1+ year experience with Gherkin testing
- 6+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance, with a focus on automation testing
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Strong experience in designing and implementing automation frameworks using tools such as Cucumber, Selenium, Appium, or similar
- Experience with test management tools such as TestRail or Zephyr
- Experience with performance and load testing using tools such as JMeter or Gatling
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions
- Strong understanding of web application development and QA processes
Pay and Benefits
The annual US base salary range for this role is $156,000 - $217,000 and may be inclusive of several career levels within Baton.
Additional benefits for this role include:
- Annual bonus and Long Term Incentive Plan participation
- 401k with company match
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Employee stock purchase program (15% discount to market value)
- Hyper stable, publicly traded enterprise
Why You Should Join
- Have an immediate impact
- With Ryder’s existing customer base of 50,000+ companies and an internal headcount of 43,000, the scale and impact of our products will be large and far-reaching, from day one.
- Opportunity to grow and lead in a Fortune 500 company
- You’ll get to work in a rapidly growing, startup-like environment while having the stability and backing of Ryder and its full executive team.
- Creative, fast-paced environment to solve impactful problems in supply chain
- We’re going to design completely new tools for an industry that hasn’t been rethought in decades. And to do this, we need people who think differently.