Who We Are
Baton is seeking ambitious individuals who desire the autonomy and agility of a startup environment combined with the backing, power, reach, and stability of a highly respected logistics industry giant.
Baton is the Silicon Valley-based technology innovation lab for Ryder, a leading logistics company that owns 260k trucks and manages $7.4B of freight.
Prior to the September 2022 acquisition, Baton was a venture-backed start-up that operated a fleet of trucks and hung out at truck stops to truly understand the challenges at hand.
The Problem We’re Solving
Our mission is to eliminate supply chain waste by creating a digital platform to manage freight and eliminate supply chain waste.
There are 500 million hours wasted in trucking each year, over 3 billion gallons of fuel wasted per year from trucks idling, and 1 in 5 trucks on the road driving empty at any given point. This has a massive impact on the environment, the lives of millions of drivers, and ultimately, the cost of goods that we all pay. Baton is fixing that, and you will too through the impactful work you’ll do here.
Role Product Manager
Location Hayes Valley, San Francisco, CA
Basic Job Details
Office days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Work from home days: Monday, Friday
Job type: Full time
We’re looking for a Product Manager to help us build the next-generation freight technology platform. As a product manager at Baton, you’d be able to make an impact on a growing team and own numerous mission-critical product initiatives. You’ll collaborate with engineers, designers, operators, customers, and leadership in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. We’re looking for people who are scrappy, determined, and driven to make complex and inefficient systems work better.
- Drive the product development process with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Become an expert on our users and the supply chain industry
- Maintain the backlog and support road-mapping efforts for a given product area
- Collaborate with design and engineering to ensure strong execution of projects and initiatives
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers/cross-functional teams
- 2+ years of experience as a product manager for a digital product
- An instinct and passion for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Demonstrated ability to be curious, resourceful, and pragmatic
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Psychology, or equivalent
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Annual bonus and Long Term Incentive Plan participation
- Hybrid work schedule
- 401k with matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health coverage
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount to market value)
- Hyper-stable, publicly traded enterprise
- Collaborative, fun, and tech-forward office in Hayes Valley (San Francisco)
Compensation Range: The annual base salary range for this position is $77,000 - $154,000*. Compensation will vary based on factors including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Baton's full-time employees are eligible for an annual performance bonus.
Why You Should Join
- Have an immediate impact
- With Ryder’s existing customer base of 50,000+ companies and an internal headcount of 43,000, the scale and impact of our products will be large and far-reaching, from day one.
- Opportunity to grow and lead in a Fortune 500 company
- You’ll get to work in a rapidly growing, startup-like environment while having the stability and backing of Ryder and its full executive team.
- Creative, fast-paced environment to solve impactful problems in supply chain
- We’re going to design completely new tools for an industry that hasn’t been rethought in decades. And to do this, we need people who think differently.