Capital Markets Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Capchase, recognised as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2023, empowers SaaS companies to grow faster through access to capital & revenue management tools. We have been acknowledged by Forbes North America’s best startups and also featured among Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2023. To carry out our mission, we've received $700M+ in equity and debt funding from some of the best fintech investors QED (Nubank, Klarna), 01 Advisors (Tipalti, Master Class), Bling Capital (Airtable, Gitlab, Lyft, Square), SciFI (Stripe, Brex), Caffeinated (OpenDoor, Airtable).
In a little over three years, we’ve provided billions in funding to thousands of companies, expanded operations to ten countries in the US and Europe, and grown our team from four co-founders in May 2020 to 130 Capchasers today.
Since our launch in 2020, we’ve achieved several milestones:
➡ 4K+ companies registered
🏃 5,000 plus months additional runway generated
🙌 Over 120 Capchasers working across 14 cities around the world representing over 20 nationalities
🌎 10 countries in which we operate
📈 250% annual company growth
👫 Built an awesome culture.
We are looking for a Capital Markets Manager to join the Capital Markets team. You will be responsible for project management in support of our multiple Credit Facilities including portfolio management, driving risk-adjusted returns of the business, managing a cash efficient balance sheet and collaborating with other divisions on product structuring and development. You will also work alongside the VP of Capital Markets in investor communications and fundraising new capital where appropriate.Expect to work in a fast-paced environment, with amazing colleagues who believe in our mission. We're looking for an accuracy-obsessed person with exceptional communication skills who is looking to manage a complex capital stack and is always pushing to be the authority in the subject matters they cover and are eager to share this expertise with others in the organization.
🚀 The Job:
- Manage domestic and international credit facilities including funding requests, waterfall distribution and exception requests
- Maintain and create new relationships with Capital Markets professional network; support senior management on business presentations and investor relations
- Create and enhance streamlined processes of the business including balance sheet assets and increasing
- Support and run presentation, analysis and transactional legal documents for new asset backed facilities, asset sale transactions, asset pool credit ratings and securitization transactions.
- Support in bank relationships, bank account maintenance, and opening/closing accounts
- Report on portfolio performance including identifying and raising greater income and lower risk opportunities, facility pledging and maximized balance sheet efficiency
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting cycles with Finance colleagues to manage multiple legal entities, money movements and asset allocation strategies
- Cross-collaborate with other internal functions to help structure and develop new products and features
🧠 The requirements:
- BA/BS degree economics, finance, business administration or a related field preferred
- 5+ years of prior experience at an investment bank, asset manager, credit fund, lender or other relevant financial services industry
- Experience with alternative lending and balance sheet lending platforms; international monies experience a plus
- Extremely strong external communication skills; prior experience raising capital or evaluating investment opportunities a plus
- Self-starter able to manage workloads and balance competing high priority tasks in a fast-paced startup environment
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy and excellent organizational skills
- Dedication to continual improvement; strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft excel, Google Suite, BI tools a requirement; R, Python, SQL a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.