Why We Exist
Every morning, 11,000 Americans wake up and begin their first day of retirement. While retirement should be an exciting, empowering, and fulfilling part of one’s life, the reality today is that retirement brings along with it a fundamentally new set of challenges that make it an overwhelming time for many.
At Chapter, we believe that the current infrastructure for retirement is broken, and we’re on a mission to fix it. We’ve started by building industry leading technology to solve the first major obstacle in retirement: navigating Medicare (healthcare coverage for retirees over 65). Our products help seniors sign up, choose an insurance plan, and leverage their plan after they are enrolled. And, unlike most Medicare advisors who only search plans that pay them, Chapter searches every Medicare option nationwide. This allows us to find savings and benefits that others miss.
But our ambition doesn’t stop with Medicare — we seek to transform the way that Americans navigate and experience retirement. If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to speak with you.
What you'll Do
- Aid Advisors in improving overall performance, including recommendation accuracy, and conversion for those who want to choose coverage by an environment of coach-ability, accountability and doing the right thing for every customer we touch
- Coaching and mentoring your team, being responsible for their professional development and helping them achieve top metrics and high quality standards
- This role serves as a critical member of the sales team, and is responsible for coaching and empowering your team to proactively prospect, qualify, and build sales pipeline
- Align direct reports on team and individual goals (daily, weekly, monthly) and provide regular visibility into the progress toward those goals
- provide coaching and supervision through side-by-sides, retroactive call/case review, and team huddles
- Ensure compliance with regulation and adherence to Chapter’s quality and ethical standard
- Regularly report out on team performance to company executives (Founders, Head of Medicare Revenue, Head of Operations), focusing on insights and initiatives to improve performance
What you'll need:
- 2+ years of hands-on Sales Management experience
- The spirit of education but the drive of a competitive athlete or
- Excel at building a relationship with cross-functional teams to drive step-change and improvements
- Passionate about helping the entire team win and achieve our growth projections
- You possess a consultative sales mentality: you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work with minimal supervision
- You are effective at problem-solving and have the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize throughout the day as needed. Are able to juggle the small issues while balancing the larger ones
Benefits and Perks
- A truly amazing team and culture
- Join a BuiltIn NYC startup to watch in 2022
- Flexible and unlimited time off
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Working alongside the founding team and helping shape the future of the company
- The ability to thrive in a fast start-up environment and comfort navigating ambiguity
We think the salary for this role will be in the $85,000 - $110,000 range, but it might vary depending on skills and experiences. If you think you'd be a good fit for the role, you should apply. All of our offers are based on our assessment of each individual's unique skills and experience.
Chapter embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Chapter will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.