Why We Exist
Every morning, 11,000 Americans wake up and begin their first day of retirement. While retirement should be an exciting, empowering, and fulfilling part of one’s life, the reality today is that retirement brings along with it a fundamentally new set of challenges that make it an overwhelming time for many.
At Chapter, we believe that the current infrastructure for retirement is broken, and we’re on a mission to fix it. We’ve started by building industry leading technology to solve the first major obstacle in retirement: navigating Medicare (healthcare coverage for retirees over 65). Our products help seniors sign up, choose an insurance plan, and leverage their plan after they are enrolled. And, unlike most Medicare advisors who only search plans that pay them, Chapter searches every Medicare option nationwide. This allows us to find savings and benefits that others miss.
But our ambition doesn’t stop with Medicare — we seek to transform the way that Americans navigate and experience retirement. If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to speak with you.
About The Role
Over the past year, Chapter has cultivated partnerships with several of the largest organizations across the Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail / eCommerce, and Technology sectors. With these growth partners, Chapter acts as a trusted Medicare resource, supporting their retirement-aged customers and members to find and enroll in the best healthcare coverage.
We’re looking for a growth associate to further scale partnerships as the critical channel that fuels Chapter’s growth. Your time will be spent executing on a top of funnel strategy to engage potential partners across all verticals. You will be responsible for all aspects of the outreach process to top executives at some of the impactful organizations in the country. Over time, you will have the ability to help set the goals of our B2B growth work with partnership team leaders and own all aspects of the partnership sales process.
How You'll Contribute To Our Mission
- Own and execute the top-of-funnel strategy for Chapter’s partnerships (prospecting, outreach, and qualification), the fastest-growing and most effective segment for Chapter
- Establish relationships between Chapter and senior stakeholders (e.g. CEOs, CFOs, EVPs of strategy) at our future partners, building trust and excitement in Chapter’s values, operating model, and impact
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop outreach and sales strategy
- Manage to and report on partnership growth goals with Chapter’s leadership
Hunger: You have a track record of setting ambitious goals and maintaining a high bar for quality across all endeavors, putting in the work required in their pursuit, and consistently achieving across all facets of life.
Desire to Grow: You are career ambitious and motivated to learn. You are excited by the prospect of mentorship and investment from a talented team and willing to develop critical skills to be successful in entrepreneurial environments.
Ownership without ego: You lead without ego. You are someone who excels in a team environment, treats everyone well, and looks for opportunities to add value both within and beyond the scope of their role.
- 0-3+ years of experience in BD / Sales at a tech-driven company with a consistent track record of out-performance
- A high degree of organization — you don’t and won’t let the ball drop
- Experience and comfort working in fast-paced team environments
- Comfort with prospecting organizations, cultivating contacts, and building trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders at potential partner organizations
- High ownership matched with high excitement to run the gamut from strategy to execution
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills, with an ability to craft unique value propositions and handle prospect objections
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Chapter Offers All Employees the Following Benefits and Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision, premiums covered at 100% for full-time employees
- Unlimited PTO, a winter break shutdown, and paid holidays to encourage a healthy work-life blend
- $500 desk setup subsidy to set-up your unique home office
- $100/month health and wellness subsidy
- Benefit from our partnerships with Spring Health (mental health support), Rightway (care navigation), and OneMedical (concierge medicine) to prioritize your well-being.
- In-office lunch on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays, and a stocked office pantry
- Generous and competitive parental leave for all parents
- A beautiful NYC (SoHo/West Village area) office and a hybrid in-office policy — dogs welcome!
We think the salary for this role will be between $60,000 - $85,000, in addition to competitive variable compensation + equity structure, but it might vary depending on skills and experiences. If you think you'd be a good fit for the role, you should apply. All of our offers are based on our assessment of each individual's unique skills and experience.
Chapter embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Chapter will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.