Founding Data Engineer
We are hiring for this role in San Francisco (this is not a remote position)
Ciro processes billions of data points from dozens of public and proprietary sources to deliver near real-time updates to sales teams about their prospects. As a Founding Data Engineer at Ciro, you will design and lead Ciro’s data infrastructure. You will see all parts of the business and shape Ciro’s culture from the earliest stages.
- Build high-performance data processing pipelines leveraging Python data engineering libraries, BigQuery, and PostgreSQL.
- Own and manage Ciro’s data pipeline infrastructure, including scheduling/orchestration, data movement, and deployment.
- Work closely with the founders and early customers to set product and technical direction for the company.
- Play a lead role in defining Ciro’s engineering culture as we grow.
Sample projects you might work on:
- Design and build a machine learning system to classify a business’s industry and the services it provides based on the text of its website.
- Design a system to automatically deploy and orchestrate Python data processing scripts on Google Cloud.
- Design a system to regularly synchronize Ciro’s data indexes — Postgres, BigQuery, and Typesense (similar to Elasticsearch).
Some of the skills we’re excited about:
- 5+ years of software backend/data engineering experience, including familiarity with data modeling, ETL, schema and system design, Git-based workflow, and documentation.
- Sound knowledge about database concepts such as transactions, indexing, and concurrency.
- Productive, resourceful, and effective at problem-solving.
- Ability to balance effective execution with a high bar for engineering excellence.
- Preferred: Experience using modern deployment technologies like Docker and at least one major Cloud provider (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Preferred: High degree of SQL proficiency and knowledge of modern data stack technologies like BigQuery/Snowflake and dbt.
Our goal is to make this as simple and enjoyable for you as possible, while respecting your time.
- Intro call: a 20-25 min chat with on of the founders about the position, your background, your motivation and all the initial questions you might have.
- Collaborative programming technical interview(s): 1 hour session to get a grasp of your skills and approaches.
- Onsite: Meet each of the team members in person - we want to get to know you and you probably want to get to know us, so we can make sure that we'll all be thrilled to work together.
- Offer: will be made and you'll join Ciro on our journey!