Dev Ops Engineer
Coactive makes it easy to search, filter, and analyze visual content. Increasingly image and video data captures the content we watch, the products we buy, and the work we do, and already represents 80% of internet traffic. But rather than being an asset, visual content is often a tax or even a liability because it is so hard to work with and understand. Coactive solves this by bringing structure to unstructured data. Rather than spending months (or years) building complex infrastructure, data teams can unlock the value of their visual data in minutes to power use cases such as content understanding and moderation, search, and analytics.
Coactive was founded by experts who shaped the fields of high-performance deep learning and data-centric AI. We have the scars from building and working with the first generation of modern machine learning systems at Google, Meta (formerly Facebook), Pinterest, eBay, Lyft, and other leading organizations. Through our decades of experience, we have developed a playbook to democratize the toughest parts of machine learning systems; no PhD required.
Join us as a DevOps Engineer, where your strategic prowess will be pivotal in crafting and delivering sophisticated, production-grade cloud infrastructure. Your core objective is to bolster our data-intensive AI services, ensuring they are not only scalable and secure but also meticulously aligned with industry best practices. At the forefront of your responsibilities is the commitment to fortify our engineering team by establishing a resilient infrastructure that fosters observability and expedites development for both emerging and established services. As a key orchestrator behind the scenes, you will drive a culture of innovation, guaranteeing our systems not only meet current demands but stand ready to adapt to changing requirements and increased demand.
What you’ll do:
- Combine your knowledge of software and systems to engineer and ensure that Coactive’s system is reliable, scalable and efficient.
- Continuously optimize and automate infrastructure provisioning and deployment processes.
- Maintain and implement monitoring, logging and alerting solutions for our infrastructure and applications.
- Ensure our system remains in compliance with industry standards, regulations and security best practices.
- Support engineering team by developing tools, maintaining infrastructure, and establishing guardrails for fast-paced development in data-intensive workflows.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team and operations to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience in a DevOps engineering role.
- Proven experience in a B2B environment, previous MLOps experience a bonus.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud).
- Fluent in one or more programming languages e.g. Go, Python, Java (we use Python).
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong understanding of CI/CD concepts and tools (Jenkins, GitLab CI, CircleCI).
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools (Terraform, Ansible).
- Experience with monitoring & alerting tooling (Datadog, Sentry).
What you can expect from us:
This is a hybrid position based in San Jose, California, with three days in office.
The estimated annual base salary for this position is between $132,367-$170,000.*
At Coactive, cash salary is only one part of our total compensation package. Other benefits for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Market leading equity grants
- 100% medical, dental, & vision coverage for you
- Medical, dental, & vision partially covered for your dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- A workspace allowance
- Social events ranging from book clubs, happy hours, and hiking to board game nights and games of Mario Kart.
Further, you can expect a supportive work environment from us. We build products, but we develop people.
Join us in revolutionizing data-intensive workflows. If you thrive on creating resilient, scalable, and secure systems in a dynamic environment, your impact at Coactive AI will be truly meaningful. Apply now to be at the forefront of innovation and transformation with the Coactive AI team.
*Actual pay is dependent on an individual candidate’s professional background, experience, skills and qualifications, as well as market demand and business demands. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting.
We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.