Coactive makes it easy to search, filter, and analyze visual content. Increasingly image and video data captures the content we watch, the products we buy, and the work we do, and already represents 80% of internet traffic. But rather than being an asset, visual content is often a tax or even a liability because it is so hard to work with and understand. Coactive solves this by bringing structure to unstructured data. Rather than spending months (or years) building complex infrastructure, data teams can unlock the value of their visual data in minutes to power use cases such as content understanding and moderation, search, and analytics.
Coactive was founded by experts who shaped the fields of high-performance deep learning and data-centric AI. We have the scars from building and working with the first generation of modern machine learning systems at Google, Meta (formerly Facebook), Pinterest, eBay, Lyft, and other leading organizations. Through our decades of experience, we have developed a playbook to democratize the toughest parts of machine learning systems; no PhD required.
As the UX designer, you will define Coactive’s design approach and languages. You will be working closely with product and engineering to help take complex, multi-faceted problems and distill them into simple and elegant solutions. Your approach centers on deep empathy for customers, placing their needs at the core of your design process. Understanding the customers who use our products is essential, and we want designers who are genuinely curious about their needs and day-to-day workflow. We love working with people who are always learning, think deeply, and enjoy sharing ideas with the team. You should thrive in an iterative and fast-paced environment - where you eagerly solicit feedback and ask lots of questions, all with the mission of creating the best product possible for our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Your simple and elegant designs will delight our customers as they work with their unstructured data.
- Deeply understand our customers' needs, design flows, and user journeys for their needs.
- Develop visually appealing and cohesive design elements, including layouts, color schemes, and iconography.
- Ensure consistency in design across all product touchpoints.
- Work closely with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to align design goals with business objectives.
What we look for:
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years of experience in product design or UX.
- Ability to iterate rapidly using both feedback cycles and experimentation.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to present and explain your design decisions to anyone in the company.
- Expertise in Figma or similar tools at an advanced level, facilitating seamless design workflows.
- Experience as an early contributor in startup environments, driving design initiatives from inception.
- Demonstrated ability to work with complex problems yet design powerful and simple solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting user experiences tailored for B2B interactions, ensuring usability and efficiency.
What you can expect from us:
This is a hybrid position based in San Jose, California.
The estimated annual base salary for this position is between $125,000-$170,000.*
At Coactive, cash salary is only one part of our total compensation package. Other benefits for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Market leading equity grants
- 100% medical, dental, & vision coverage for you
- Medical, dental, & vision partially covered for your dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- A workspace allowance
- Social events ranging from book clubs, happy hours, and hiking to board game nights and games of Mario Kart.
Further, you can expect a supportive work environment from us. We build products, but we develop people.
*Actual pay is dependent on an individual candidate’s professional background, experience, skills and qualifications, as well as market demand and business demands. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting.
We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.