Customer Success Engineer, Machine Learning
Coactive makes it easy to search, filter, and analyze visual content. Increasingly image and video data captures the content we watch, the products we buy, and the work we do, and already represents 80% of internet traffic. But rather than being an asset, visual content is often a tax or even a liability because it is so hard to work with and understand. Coactive solves this by bringing structure to unstructured data. Rather than spending months (or years) building complex infrastructure, data teams can unlock the value of their visual data in minutes to power use cases such as content understanding and moderation, search, and analytics.
Coactive was founded by experts who shaped the fields of high-performance deep learning and data-centric AI. We have the scars from building and working with the first generation of modern machine learning systems at Google, Meta (formerly Facebook), Pinterest, eBay, Lyft, and other leading organizations. Through our decades of experience, we have developed a playbook to democratize the toughest parts of machine learning systems; no PhD required.
As a solutions engineer, you will work at the intersection of sales, customer success, and machine learning to help us solve customers’ most pressing problems with unstructured image and video data. In this role you will work coactively across the engineering (specifically, machine learning), sales, and customer success teams to build repeatable processes, as well as guide the sale and adoption of Coactive’s products. You will leverage your understanding and empathy to support the strategic and technical needs of customers across the customer lifecycle.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical support for sales and customer success, and implement a system for communicating product feedback.
- Create and deliver enterprise-grade technical materials to support sales (e.g., video tutorials, documentation, vertical-specific demos, etc.)
- Lead and execute successful customer Proof-of-Value engagements.
- Design and lead technical workshops for existing customers (as well as potentially new customers, as needed).
- Support internal teams (e.g., product, engineering, marketing, customer success, sales) by serving as an advocate for prospects and provide feedback from field engagements.
- Maintain clear documentation and processes to facilitate repeatable and effective collaboration.
- Occasional travel to customer on-sites and conferences.
What we look for:
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of production-level experience in one of: Python, Java, C++, or similar language
- Experience with data infrastructure and ML tools is required, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, MLflow, Spark and Ray
- Experience providing technical guidance/support during customer calls and sales discussions, and as needed for addressing product usage needs and issues
- Experience developing pre and post sales materials and enthusiasm for operating as a mentor/educator for other Solutions Engineers and/or Account Executives
- Knowledge of and experience with leading customers to solutions that provide value and grow usage of enterprise products
- Ability to create tooling to enable non-technical teams
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced startup environment, especially with regard to designing and implementing valuable solutions
- 2+ years of customer-facing enterprise sales experience preferred
- Previous experience as a machine learning engineer is a plus
What you can expect from us:
This is a hybrid position based in San Jose, California.
The estimated annual base salary for this position is between $125,000-$156,000.*
At Coactive, cash salary is only one part of our total compensation package. Other benefits for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Market leading equity grants
- 100% medical, dental, & vision coverage for you
- Medical, dental, & vision partially covered for your dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- A workspace allowance
- Social events ranging from book clubs, happy hours, and hiking to board game nights and games of Mario Kart.
Further, you can expect a supportive work environment from us. We build products, but we develop people.
*Actual pay is dependent on an individual candidate’s professional background, experience, skills and qualifications, as well as market demand and business demands. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting.
We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.