Software Engineer - Full Stack
Coactive makes it easy to search, filter, and analyze visual content. Increasingly image and video data captures the content we watch, the products we buy, and the work we do, and already represents 80% of internet traffic. But rather than being an asset, visual content is often a tax or even a liability because it is so hard to work with and understand. Coactive solves this by bringing structure to unstructured data. Rather than spending months (or years) building complex infrastructure, data teams can unlock the value of their visual data in minutes to power use cases such as content understanding and moderation, search, and analytics.
Coactive was founded by experts who shaped the fields of high-performance deep learning and data-centric AI. We have the scars from building and working with the first generation of modern machine learning systems at Google, Meta (formerly Facebook), Pinterest, eBay, Lyft, and other leading organizations. Through our decades of experience, we have developed a playbook to democratize the toughest parts of machine learning systems; no PhD required.
As a software engineer, you will work coactively with the best in ML and data systems, building the foundation for understanding unstructured image and video data.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain, build out, and develop the Coactive SDK/API
- Work with both structured and unstructured data sources and build performant functionality on top of them
- Build scalable production-grade data systems that you’ll be proud of
- Implement security policies to handle sensitive data
- Tackle challenging problems at the intersection of machine learning and systems
- Gain exposure to AI/ML and all parts of the codebase through collaborative team discussions
- Iterate quickly on the UI as the product evolves
- Plan and scope feature work with the rest of the team
- Collaborate with a world-class team of engineers, researchers, and scientists
- Shape engineering best practices and company culture as we grow
What we look for:
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- 2-3+ years of prior experience as a full stack engineer
- Experience developing data intensive systems that power critical business processes
- Familiarity with security and systems that handle sensitive data
- Strong testing ethos and knowledge of best practices, including code quality, accessibility, performance, and security
- Ability to adapt to change in the fast-paced startup environment
- Open-mindedness and eagerness to learn new technologies and share ideas
- Experience with cloud providers is a plus
- React, API, and UI/UX design experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Python and SQL is a plus
What you can expect from us:
The estimated annual base salary for this position is between $132,367-$152,500.*
At Coactive, cash salary is only one part of our total compensation package. Other benefits for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Market leading equity grants
- 100% medical, dental, & vision coverage for you
- Medical, dental, & vision partially covered for your dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- A workspace allowance
- Social events ranging from book clubs, happy hours, and hiking to board game nights and games of Mario Kart.
Further, you can expect a supportive work environment from us. We build products, but we develop people.
We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?