US Accounting Advisor
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role:
Collective is dedicated to increasing the number of financially successful businesses-of-one by enabling self employed people to focus on their passion, not their bookkeeping. In this role, you will be helping our members by doing their monthly bookkeeping using Xero, which is integrated with Gusto, our payroll processing system.
- Categorizing transactions
- Reconciling your accounts
- Preparing monthly Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet
- Ensure payroll and tax documents are accurate
- Closing your member's books (up to 100 members/month) to prepare for taxes
- Communicating with clients via email
What we want you to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a business-related field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with Cloud Accounting Tool (QuickBooks Online, Xero, Hurdlr, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in US Accounting (including creation of financial statements)
- Basic knowledge of payroll
- Customer service-oriented, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to be flexible and being comfortable with ambiguity
- People-first attitude, willing to help members and teammates alike
Bonus Points if you have:
- Gusto People Advisor Certified
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
What we offer in return
- 100% WFH (work from home)
- A diverse and collaborative team culture
- Competitive base salary
- Philippine holidays observed + 10 Annual Leave + 5 Sick Leave
- PC or Mac laptop + Php 21,700 home office budget
- Performance bonus (if applicable)
- Team events, virtual gatherings.
- Professional development courses available for CPAs and Enrolled Agents.
- Employee healthcare benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.