Inside Sales Manager
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the role:
Our ideal team member is an experienced SaaS sales professional with a consultative, value-based sales approach. You’re exceptionally comfortable being on video and have an innate ability to connect with small business owners from all walks of life and professions. You have a knack for translating complex business and financial constructs, naturally communicating them clearly and accurately. You thrive in fast-paced sales cycles, can handle multiple requests, and believe in driving toward solutions for your prospects - you love that no two calls will be the same.
Note: This is a full-time, salary and commission-based role.
- Conduct video interviews with prospective members to determine qualification, initiate an exceptional relationship-building experience, and secure the prospect’s commitment to join.
- Provide value and guidance to prospective members based on their unique business attributes and financial needs.
- Own and manage a pipeline of pre-qualified leads through value-based, diligent follow-up.
- Partner with Marketing on outbound targeting and cold outreach.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and our Member Services Team on cross-functional projects.
- Ambitiously develop and execute new ideas for outbound prospecting, pipeline management, and networking strategies.
- Prepare and deliver weekly reports to explain business results (conversion, feedback, lead source, etc.).
What we want you to bring:
- 2-3+ years experience at a FinTech company (or related SaaS experience), Client Acquisition, and Business Development Experience.
- Strong track record of overachieving sales quotas and targets.
- High EQ, passion for our mission, highly-engaged self-starter, proactive, independent learner, and fantastic team player that adds to our incredible team culture.
- Empathic understanding of the challenges of being a small business owner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills via phone, SMS, email, and video conference.
- Outstanding sales, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, data-centric approach, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to launch successful outreach or other prospecting campaigns.
Preferred but NOT Required:
- Experience in an early-stage tech start-up.
- General knowledge of GSuite, Zoom, Loom, Slack, Asana, Front, or similar applications.
- Familiarity with sales enablement tools: Salesforce, Gong, Calendly, etc.
What we offer in return
Compensation Range: $60,000-$70,000 USD annual base salary + commission for a total of up to $100K OTE.
The salary ranges for the roles are posted for your convenience and review. Please understand that if an offer is presented, the offer compensation package will be based on the relevant position related skills a candidate demonstrates during our formal interview process.
- A remote first environment.
- A diverse and collaborative team culture.
- Stock options package.
- 14 company holidays + unlimited PTO.
- Employer paid Health, Vision and Dental Insurance.
- 100% coverage for employees
- 75% coverage for dependents
- PC or Mac laptop + $750 Home office stipend.
- Paid parental leave.
- Team events and virtual gatherings.
- $600 wellness bonus.
- Professional development courses available for CPAs and Enrolled Agents.
- Out of State Medical Care Travel Stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.