Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
- Help team interview and close new Senior Tax Associates.
- Create, manage and implement training programs.
- Manage tax leads to ensure their work meets the highest standards for Collective.
- Be a player/coach for the tax team - handle any key issues, or member conflict.
- Monitor the tax and regulatory environment for necessary changes to tax policy.
- Develop quality control procedures and implementation.
- Help create a roadmap for future features that will drive member satisfaction.
- Collaborate with team members and cross functionally to achieve best practices.
- Assist in reviews of Business and Individual tax returns when necessary.
- Ensure all tax deadlines are met.
What we want you to bring:
- CPA or EA required.
- +5 years of tax seasons experience with sole proprietors and S Corps.
- Extensive experience with tax preparation.
- Experience with US multi-State compliance.
- Experience in managing a team of 10 or greater.
- Strong command on QuickBooks, Xero, UltraTax CS, and Practice CS.
- Experience with SurePrep preferred.
- Strong attention to details, time and project management skills.
- Adaptability with ever changing tax laws and regulations and new learning opportunities.
- Extensive experience in member conflict resolution.
- Comfortable and effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever changing work environment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
What we offer in return:
Compensation Range: $108,000-$132,000 USD annual base salary.
The salary ranges for the roles are posted for your convenience and review. Please understand that if an offer is presented, the offer compensation package will be based on the relevant position related skills a candidate demonstrates during our formal interview process.
- A remote first environment.
- A diverse and collaborative team culture.
- Stock options package.
- 14 company holidays + unlimited PTO.
- Employer paid Health, Vision and Dental Insurance.
- 100% coverage for employees
- 75% coverage for dependents
- PC or Mac laptop + $750 Home office stipend.
- Paid parental leave.
- Team events and virtual gatherings.
- $600 wellness bonus.
- Professional development courses available for CPAs and Enrolled Agents.
- Out of State Medical Care Travel Stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.