Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
- Conduct video Zoom calls with members everyday (~5-6 hours per day).
- Use your 5+ years of accounting expertise to create Profit and Loss reports for members who come to you with mixed business and personal accounts.
- Breakdown complex technical topics in layman terms for our members.
- Thrill and delight members with your knowledge and human centered approach.
- Help members run first payroll and understand payroll taxes.
- Write help center articles, create loom videos, whatever it takes to provide proactive top tier training.
- Passion for supporting entrepreneurs and the self-employed.
- Effortlessly switch between repetitive tasks and complex analysis.
What we want you to bring:
- Your passion for helping our members and your ability to thrive in a customer centric role.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in accounting, creating profit and loss statements
- Xero, QuickBooks Online, Gusto, or equivalent accounting and payroll software.
- Customer service oriented, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Write and talk like a seasoned professional.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
What we offer in return:
Compensation Range: $73,000-$89,000 USD annual base salary.
The salary ranges for the roles are posted for your convenience and review. Please understand that if an offer is presented, the offer compensation package will be based on the relevant position related skills a candidate demonstrates during our formal interview process.
- A remote first environment.
- A diverse and collaborative team culture.
- Stock options package.
- 14 company holidays + unlimited PTO.
- Employer paid Health, Vision and Dental Insurance.
- 100% coverage for employees
- 75% coverage for dependents
- PC or Mac laptop + $750 Home office stipend.
- Paid parental leave.
- Team events and virtual gatherings.
- $600 wellness bonus.
- Professional development courses available for CPAs and Enrolled Agents.
- Out of State Medical Care Travel Stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.