US Accounting and Payroll Advisor
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role
It’s a people facing role. Most of your day will consist of answering member’s (U.S. based small business owners) questions associated with Accounting, Bookkeeping, Payroll, Payroll Taxes and Software via email and zoom calls with members, and teammates.
- Provide Zoom training sessions on categorization and how to read financial statements (P&L, Cash Flow, and Balance Sheet)
- Give advice on business optimization and best practices on how to invoice, take payments, track mileage, etc.
- Providing support with Accountable Plan implementation
- Providing assistance in making changes to payroll, running off-cycle payrolls, recording employee benefits like HI and retirement
What we want you to bring
- You have to be detail oriented
- Have strong communication and deductive skills
- Prompt and thorough
- Team player
Bonus Points if you have: (Optional)
- Bookkeeping & Accounting experience is a must
- Customers service experience is a plus
- Eager to learn and able to work on multiple different tasks at the same time
What we offer in return
- 100% WFH (work from home)
- A diverse and collaborative team culture
- Competitive base salary + Equity
- Philippine holidays observed + Annual Leave + Sick Leave
- Home office budget
- Team events, virtual gatherings.
- Professional development courses available for CPAs and Enrolled Agents.
- Employee healthcare benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.