Client Onboarding Manager ( Accounting )
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role:
As an Enrollment Manager at Collective, you will manage the onboarding process for new members, ensuring their success in establishing or verifying their businesses.
You will be the primary point of contact for member questions during the onboarding process, building and maintaining trust through clear, professional and timely communication. Your role will require you to provide exceptional customer support, respond to member inquiries, collaborate with cross-functional partners, and proactively provide updates and reminders about key milestones to members. Working closely with our team of trusted advisors, no two days will be the same, but it’s very rewarding as you are serving as a key advocate for our entrepreneurs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for member questions during the onboarding process.
- Provide assistance and answer inquiries on topics related to tax, accounting, payroll, and US corporate structures (especially LLCs/S Corp). Utilizing cross-functional resources and ensuring clear, professional communication.
- Basic understanding of these concepts is required; advanced proficiency is preferred but not necessary.
- Adapt swiftly in a fast-paced environment to effectively resolve member issues.
- Handle inbound member inquiries regarding our product, process, taxes and accounting via email and phone.
- Proactively provide updates and reminders to members about key milestones in the onboarding process.
- Continuously identify and implement improvements in the onboarding process.
What we want you to bring:
- Exceptional communication skills in English (both verbal and written), with the ability to articulate complex topics clearly and manage conflicts effectively.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in a contact center, accounting, payroll, or tax-related environment.
- Proficiency with online bookkeeping & payroll systems, familiarity with US taxes, tax filing procedures, and understanding of US Corporate structures.
- A collaborative team mindset, ready to support colleagues and contribute to a collective effort, while upholding a professional brand image.
- High organizational skills, capable of managing multiple clients and tasks simultaneously.
- Strong critical thinking abilities, ready to tackle problems and comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a customer-centric role.
- Comfort engaging with customers through various communication channels including email, video, text, and phone.
What we offer in return:
- 100% WFH
- A diverse and collaborative team culture
- Competitive base salary + Stock options
- Employee health, vision and dental benefits
- Philippine holidays observed + 15 PTO days
- Paid parental leave
- $600 wellness bonus
- PC or Mac Laptop + $400 home office stipend
- Performance Bonus based on performance reviews
- Team events and virtual gatherings
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.