Legal Operations and Compliance Specialist
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role:
In this Legal Operations and Compliance Specialist, you're at the heart of ensuring our legal and compliance infrastructure effectively supports our rapid expansion. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, your focus will be on enhancing legal operations, overseeing contract management, and leading compliance efforts across tax and accounting operations. Your ability to manage projects, communicate effectively, and organize efficiently will be crucial to your success.
- Proactively implement and manage legal and compliance policies and procedures, showing proven results in supporting business objectives and reducing risks.
- Oversee contract management to ensure compliance with legal standards and company policies.
- Implement monitoring and oversight procedures for our tax and accounting operations and our broader compliance program to mitigate risks and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conduct legal research and assist with due diligence and document preparation for compliance-related activities
What we want you to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required; paralegal certification or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in legal operations, compliance, or a related field, with a preference for startup or fintech environment experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration across teams.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational capabilities.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment in fintech, tax preparation, and bookkeeping services is a plus.
What we offer in return:
- 100% WFH
- A diverse and collaborative team culture
- Competitive base salary + Stock options
- Employee health, vision and dental benefits
- Philippine holidays observed + PTO and SL days
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness bonus
- Equipment provided + One-time Home office stipend
- Performance Bonus based on performance reviews
- Team events and virtual gatherings
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.