Senior Fullstack Engineer
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the role:
Nearly 20,000 amazing Founders have applied for membership since we first launched and our revenue has grown 8x. Most importantly, we have saved our average member over $16,000 annually in taxes.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented Senior Full Stack Developer to join our passionate and dedicated team.
- Partner with our Product, Design, and QA teams to build a new customer interface.
- Help drive our product roadmap by synthesizing user feedback and data into requirements that inform new features and product development.
- Contribute to the development of our backend web application by implementing APIs that will enable third-party integration across partner platforms.
- Provide enhancements that will increase load speed, reduce application errors, and improve functionality.
- Collaborate with our leadership team to provide recommendations to infrastructure and technology that will enable scalability.
- Partner with our Operations team to collect user feedback and synthesize it into requirements for feature upgrades.
- Spearhead unit testing and develop documentation that will help us deploy “bug-free” releases.
- Advocate for continuous improvement by championing best practices related to code reviews, sprint planning, and the overall development process.
What we want you to bring:
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Strong Python experience, preferably Django.
- Moderate experience with React.
- Strong appreciation for test-driven development and agile methodology.
- High degree of resourcefulness and proactivity to problem-solving.
- Comfort with ambiguity, prior startup experience is a huge plus.
- RESTful API development and implementation.
- AWS or Heroku management.
- Experience in security implementation is not required, but a plus.
- Understanding of automation between the software systems
- Django + Django Rest Framework
- React + MobX
- Celery + Redis
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Something looks off?