Member Relationship Advisor
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role:
As a Member Relationship Advisor at Collective, you will play a critical role in building and maintaining solid, trusting relationships with businesses of one. We are looking for people who truly care about helping and improving the lives and businesses of solopreneurs. In this role, you will be exposed to a wide variety of scenarios that will require you to be resourceful and thoughtful to resolve. No two days will be the same, but it’s very rewarding as you are a key advocate for our entrepreneurs.
We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about providing solopreneurs with the best customer experience in the world. You will guide our members through their Collective journey, addressing real problems and delivering an exceptional customer experience, all while continuing to work in the tax industry and begin your career in the high growth tech industry.
In this role, you will guide our members to solutions, answering questions via email and working with cross-functional partners to solve problems each day.
- Provide clear, professional, and timely support on tax and accounting inquiries while leveraging cross-functional partners and resources.
- Handle inbound member inquiries about our product, process, taxes, and accounting via email and phone.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/features and be able to consistently communicate these updates to members in a way that ensures an exceptional experience.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, being able to adapt to change quickly in order to quickly resolve member issues.
- Work in close collaboration with others across the company in order to advocate for members and resolve issues.
What we want you to bring:
- Exceptional communication in English - both verbal and written.
- 4 year degree (or equivalent) in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a customer-facing role (ideally contact center, accounting, payroll, &/or tax experience).
- A team mindset, ready to wear multiple hats, support those around you, and work collectively while maintaining a professional brand and image.
- Exceptional communication skills, the ability break down complex topics and resolve conflict with a wide range of audiences.
- Critical thinking skills, ready to problem solve and comfortable with ambiguity in a customer centric role.
- Experience accomplishing tasks accurately and efficiently with special attention to detail.
What we offer in return:
- 100% WFH
- A diverse and collaborative team culture
- Competitive base salary
- Brazilian holidays observed + 20 Annual Leave + 9 Sick Leave
- PC or Mac laptop + $400USD home office budget
- General Wellness Bonus $600USD annually
- Performance bonus (if applicable)
- Team events, virtual gatherings
- Employee healthcare benefits
Note: Please submit your resume in a PDF Format, in English.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Something looks off?