Staff Software Engineer - AppDev (Remote)
The Staff Software Engineer should be an expert full-stack developer and will be the tech lead of a small team. They develop specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modify/maintain the existing software. This position participates in design and coding activities with other staff members. The Staff Software Engineer will work closely with management and other leads to design and implement new systems, maintain operations of the production systems and to coordinate work across all the initiatives of the Engineering team. They will operate in a distributed architecture, building the infrastructure to manage Big Data and solve complex algorithmic problems.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborating with the team’s product manager to break down product requirements into simple yet detailed tickets
- Making architecture diagrams
- Ready releases for your team
- Guide and mentor other team members
- Architects and develops highly scalable web applications
- Builds RESTful APIs
- Builds tools, services, and automation to extend the platform capabilities
- Runs critical operational portions of our ingestion, analytics, and storage infrastructure
- Evaluates and improves the performance, durability, and security of applications in production
- Assists with server-side code and database architecture on the back-end in NodeJS
- Assists with client-side code on the front-end in React
- Work with management to ensure quality in solutions and in software design
- Participate in development lifecycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Deliver code in an agile team environment
- Research and train on technologies you think may be appropriate for current or future projects
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer (10+ preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with NodeJS
- 3+ years of experience with React
- 1+ years experience in NestJS (desired)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge in Jest and Redis
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of algorithms, network protocols, and web services
- Experience with one of the major cloud hosting systems (AWS, Heroku, GCP, Azure)
- Nice to have: NestJS, Terraform, ElasticSearch, MySQL, and Snowflake
- Previous experience in leading a group of engineers on various projects
- Self-directed, independent, and has experience owning complete features/products
- Experience developing real-world web applications
- Outstanding ability to negotiate difficult tradeoffs (e.g., quality vs. speed, collaboration vs. get-it-done)
- Agile development experience
- Previous startup or scaling experience is a plus
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing technologies and requirements
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication ability - we want to know your thoughts and input!
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible PTO: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $191,250 - $236,250
Tier 2: $172,125 - $212,625
Tier 3: $153,000 - $189,000
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Something looks off?