Manager, Solutions Architecture (Remote)
As Manager of Solutions Architecture at Drata, you will lead a team of Solutions Architects, our customer-facing technical experts for the world’s most advanced security and compliance automation platform. You will ensure strong execution within the Customer Success function at Drata and work closely with Product Management and Engineering to drive fast and smooth security and audit readiness programs, create and deliver best practices for a broad range of complex integrations and APIs, and advocate on behalf of customers’ needs for a rapidly growing platform. Your team will build trust and empathize with Drata’s customers as you help connect their infrastructure, diagnose and remediate gaps, and advise them toward a continuous and self-sufficient compliance posture. You will also build that same trust with and empower internal-facing teams to support Drata customers and continue our best-in-class customer experience.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of Solutions Architects and serve as their day-to-day mentor, coach, leader, and primary point of escalation before, during, and after customer interactions with executives, IT directors, and other security and compliance teams to ensure a clear path toward achieving success with multiple security, governance, risk, and compliance frameworks
- Operate as a player-manager when required, using your technical expertise across the entire Drata platform to ensure your team members are empowered and develop the same expertise
- Increase efficiency in current processes, or develop new ones, centered around customer requirements gathering, onboarding, planning and implementing improved processes
- Reduce the time to recognize and respond to customer technical escalations, and reduce the number and frequency of these escalations through technical remediations
- Accelerate the Solution Architect team’s readiness for cutting edge feature releases and delivery of deeper hands-on custom implementation projects
- Identify trends, gather data, escalate issues, and delineate success criteria as they relate to team processes and interactions with other teams
- Create, assign, and prioritize projects that increase team effectiveness, scale, and make other teams and customers more self-sufficient
What you’ll bring:
- 5-10 years of post-sales experience in a Solutions Architect, Technical Account Manager, Customer Success Engineer, or equivalent position, ideally in B2B SaaS
- 3-5 years managing a team of Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, Customer Success Engineers, or equivalent roles, including recruiting, hiring, promoting, coaching, and remediation
- Enterprise customer-facing experience required, including demonstrated leadership with multiple roles
- Multiple examples of CS or Sales department-wide process changes with measurable improvements
- Experience with internal-facing and customer-facing technical documentation and/or documentation systems
- Hands-on development experience in AWS, GCP, Azure, Heroku, Digital Ocean, or equivalent large-scale infrastructure systems
- Extensive knowledge of desktop applications and machine architecture on Windows, Mac, and Linux devices (including Chrome OS)
- Extensive experience with REST APIs and JSON
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and comfort with leading independent presentations, training, and debugging sessions with executives and business users, as well as internal presentations around process changes, budget requests, workload assignment, and competitive analysis up to the C Suite
- Past experience working hand-in-hand with Sales, Sales Engineering, Customer Success, and Partner Integration teams
- A demonstrated track record of trust and influence with Product Management, Engineering, QA, and Security teams
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $131,750 - $162,750
Tier 2: $118,575 - $146,475
Tier 3: $105,400 - $130,200
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Something looks off?