Senior QA Engineer (Remote)
We are looking for a meticulous Senior QA Engineer to contribute to and review the creation of designs for production software. The Senior QA Engineer's responsibilities include both software development and testing tasks and focuses on the testability, robustness, and performance of production software. As such, a Senior QA Engineer is a test professional with advanced programming skills who can create automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the manual testing process.
To be successful as a Senior QA Engineer, you should have excellent time management and organizational skills as well as strong communication skills. You should have a passion for designing, development, and testing and the ability to upgrade your technical skills within the constantly changing technology sector.
What you’ll do:
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers' systems.
- Working with deployments teams, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Noting all testing actions you have performed in daily and weekly reports.
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Managing the final quality on production release.
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years of experience as a Senior QA Engineer or similar role
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent designing and programming skills.
- Knowledge of programming languages and process management methodology.
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools.
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development and experience in programming and testing.
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in an application.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to keep current with the constantly changing technology industry.
- A passion for testing, development, and design.
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $148,750 - $183,750
Tier 2: $133,875 - $165,375
Tier 3: $119,000 - $147,000
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Something looks off?