Sales Engineer Director (Remote)
We are looking for a seasoned, hardworking, smart and over achieving Director of Sales Engineering with proven experience and a passion for selling technology solutions to senior executives. You will be responsible for selling into new prospects as well as farming back into existing customers to ensure high renewal and customer satisfaction levels. Measures of success include new customer acquisition rates, renewal rates, up-selling, cross-selling, customer satisfaction and contribution to overall sales team and business success.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of your team, set objectives and coach your team members, manage hiring activities.
- Establish a vision, mission, strategy, and execution model for the global pre-sales organization
- Partner with sales leadership and channel business partners to meet and exceed quota targets, goals and ensure the SE organization is enabled, engaged and productive.
- Define and execute a training plan for your team with a focus on value selling and GTM strategy.
- Collaborate and drive with the marketing and sales team our GTM plans
- Lead, inspire and drive strategic initiatives for SE managers to grow, develop and strengthen presales talent.
- Recruit, develop, manage, mentor and allocate resources in the assigned region as needed for the business.
- Define and scale sales engineering processes from technical qualification, demos and proof-of-value (POVs).
- Partner and collaborate cross-functionally to establish GTM synergy within our product, marketing, engineering and sales teams.
- Participate in regional industry events/organizations as a thought leader.
- Provide input on product development or enhancements to existing products to product management function.
- Communicate the needs of the Sales Engineering organization to senior leadership as needed during QBRs, leadership offsites and other meetings where executive presence is required.
What you’ll bring:
- Proven leadership experience with managing Pre Sales teams, and driving team and employee development globally
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Advanced Degree a plus
- 10+ years of leadership experience in world-class technical pre-sales organizations
- Demonstrated track record of success managing global teams
- Demonstrated track record of highly collaborative cross functional work
- Demonstrated track record of growth in complex organizations
- Hands on technical expertise of Identity and cloud providers, such as Okta, AWS, GCP, etc within a cybersecurity space.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and independent leader
- Creative business and technical mindset, with a proven process improvement track record
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience selling security solutions
- Proven analytical skills to lead business at scale using a combination of metrics, skip levels and direct observation of the team
- Excellent written, oral, presentation skills and executive presence.
- Vibrant and energetic attitude, willingness to perform and get things done
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, sales commission, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
- Tier 1: $204,000 - $252,000
- Tier 2: $183,600 - $226,800
- Tier 3: $163,200 - $201,600
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Something looks off?