Senior Technical Program Manager (Platform/Infrastructure) (Remote)
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will drive Program and Project delivery for the Technology Team supporting Development and Engineering. This will include owning the complete lifecycle of initiating, planning, execution, deployment, and communication. You will also liaise with cross functional teams in other business units to lead shared initiatives and strategic objectives.
You are required to work with technical staff and lead technical projects, as well as administrate the Jira board, agile process and workflows for multiple scrum teams. You will apply your technical and organizational skills to define goals, ensure clear requirements, plan for dependencies, measure progress, and mitigate risks. You know how to apply technology to solve problems. You are both a diplomat and an advocate, and will be trusted to represent these teams to stakeholders and partners, internal and external.
The ideal candidate will also be able to converse in technical language and possess knowledge of SaaS development, IT operations, systems integrations, application development, service delivery and support, and related services. This role will need a working understanding of a variety of systems and technologies such as REST APIs, MySQL, AWS, DB architecture, Datadog, similar infrastructure systems, as well as integrations between these systems and the various business teams they are designed to support.
It will be your responsibility to be relentless in getting things done with a positive attitude. As the Senior Technical Program Manager, you will help our teams organize while continuing to improve on process and communication. The right candidate will feel comfortable wearing multiple hats while leading from the front in a fast paced and high growth environment.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and supervise Technology Projects from beginning to end, including developing a budget, timelines, and holding project team members accountable
- Own the project lifecycle and implement best practices
- Seek to improve processes, find efficiencies, and lead adoption
- Identify, assess, and manage risk mitigation and acceptance plans
- Map out the milestones needed to implement project objectives and achieve success criteria
- Lead work estimation, planning, and ceremonies related to projects
- Build presentations and establish high standards for project documentation and artifacts
- Administer Jira for the purpose of leveraging and modifying Jira dashboards, workflows, and forms, as well as other features, to ebetter support the team
- Cross-collaborate with Company Leadership, Customer Success, Marketing, Sales and Technical teams
- Exercise judgment in selecting methodologies, evaluating criteria, and determining the path to program success
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years project management experience in the Software Development Lifecycle
- One or more industry certifications such as: PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, etc.
- Experience maturing and developing team processes, ceremonies, and risk/dependency management
- Expertise and practice with Agile, Predictive, SixSigma and other PM frameworks
- Prior experience with SaaS deployment planning and release management
- Clarity in the identification, assessment, and management of risks; able to manage the risks, not just the risk register
- Comfort in developing effective relationships with cross functional stakeholders, senior leadership, and scrum teams across the organization
- Working understanding of a variety of systems and technologies such as REST APIs, MySQL, AWS, DB architecture, similar infrastructure systems
- Familiarity with Monitoring and Observability, Infrastructure Change Management, and Cloud Security
Who you are:
- You know how to motivate a team and drive them towards a common goal
- You act with integrity, you trust and are trusted, and are a role model and advocate for Drata values
- You have a flexible approach to change, are able to work effectively in a variety of situations, and constantly seek improvements
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track, prioritizing and pursuing solutions without supervision
- You are sometimes a teacher, willing to share your knowledge and expertise
- You are a curious learner and encourage curiosity, mastery, growth and are someone who welcomes ideas and knowledge sharing
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving, and have an ability to remain calm under pressure with tight deadlines
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $131,750-$162,750
Tier 2: $118,575-$146,475
Tier 3: $105,400-$130,200
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.