Accountant, Accounts Receivable (Remote)
Drata is looking for an Accountant-Billing Specialist to join our growing team. This person will be a key member of the growing accounting and finance team of one of the fastest growing, B2B SaaS startups ever to achieve unicorn status. You will be an integral part of Drata’s accounting operations focusing on accurate and timely accounting operations and month-end close. The ideal candidate is comfortable being hands-on, skilled in all things debits and credits and has the demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a startup like environment.
We pride ourselves in our ability to move quickly and get the job done, and are committed to making sure every team member is set up to exceed expectations and learn and grow in their role. This role will report to Drata’s Senior Accounting Manager and work cross-functionally to ensure the business is positioned for success from an accounting standpoint.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of billing, payments, and communications for Drata’s Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers
- Work closely with the Business Development, Sales and Finance teams to ensure proper handling of AWS deals in all systems
- Responsible for the collection process and information gathering for all overdue customers
- Track and record bad debt/allowance for doubtful accounts for non-paying customers
- Ensure proper reconciliation of AWS related GL accounts
- Assist with documenting and implementing policies, procedures and internal controls that will help support the company’s rapid expansion
- Drive process improvements efforts to streamline financials operations
- Other duties and ad-hoc projects as required
What you’ll bring:
- 4 + years of accounting/finance experience
- Experience working in a scaling SaaS startup environment experience preferred but not required
- Netsuite experience required
- High proficiency in Excel (e.g., vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables)
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
- An ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Must be motivated by working with awesome people, and dedicated to helping take Drata to the next level
- Must be a self-starter who excels at multitasking and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $85,000 - $105,000
Tier 2: $76,500 - $94,500
Tier 3: $68,000 - $84,000
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.