Account Manager II (Remote)
Drata is hiring an Account Manager who will help grow our footprint within our current customer portfolio and execute our strategy. You will collaborate on customer marketing initiatives, shape product prioritization, partner with our Customer Success and Technical Support teams. Your key responsibilities include renewing existing business, up-selling based on customer potential, and cross-selling across our suite of products. You’ll serve as the main commercial point of contact for an assigned group of mid-sized Drata customers and ultimately be responsible for the success and growth of your book of accounts. You will contribute to the overall success of Drata’s sales team by sharing best practices, helping teammates when needed and embodying our culture and values.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for owning the commercial relationship with a number of mid-sized Drata customers
- Maximize account growth and mitigate risk by playing a central role on the account team
- Based on existing framework, develop and execute win/win negotiation strategies for account contract renewals that improve contract value while protecting and enhancing the customer relationship
- Create, manage and close upsell/cross-sell opportunities on and off cycle
- Identify customer requirements, uncover roadblocks, and demonstrate strong account management capabilities to secure renewals and drive expansion
- Drive strong internal collaboration with Customer Success, Solution Architects, Marketing and Product as the quarterback of the account team
- Provide executive management with complete visibility to renewal & customer expansion, soliciting executive involvement as required.
- Communicate risk clearly and take the lead in developing resolution strategies
- Create and deliver a strong value narrative helping our customers understand the ROI they receive from Drata
- Develop and maintain strong Executive Buyer (EB) relationships while multi-threading into other key executives across the C-Suite, acting as a trusted advisor and strategic partner
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years demonstrated success in an Account Management capacity with a strong focus on negotiating services contracts
- Experience in technology, preferably CRM or SaaS
- Ability to work independently within assigned scope and to identify areas of process improvement and efficiency
- Excellent customer management skills; including sales, account management, and customer service
- Strong ability to negotiate, discuss value and understand client needs
- Excellent executive presence and communication skills
- Proactive approach with strong attention to detail and organization
- Team player with a track record of building positive relationships with peers and others within a company
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- Company sponsored Life & AD&D, short term disability, long term disability
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
- Employee Assistance Program: Services to help promote well-being and enhance the quality of life for you and your family
This role will receive a competitive base salary, commission, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $85,000 - $105,000
Tier 2: $76,500 - $94,500
Tier 3: $68,000 - $84,000
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation – including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.