Compensation Manager (Remote)
If you’re passionate about shaping competitive compensation strategies that attract and retain top talent, join us as a Compensation Manager. This is a unique opportunity where you'll help drive the design and implementation of innovative compensation programs. We're seeking a creative thinker with a knack for market analysis and a talent for translating insights into impactful compensation initiatives. As an individual contributor, you'll collaborate cross-functionally, influencing our organization's success by ensuring our compensation offerings are cutting-edge, competitive, and aligned with our business objectives. This is your chance to make a tangible impact on our company's growth while shaping rewarding career paths for our employees.
What you’ll do:
- Compensation Program Design and Management: Partner with Total Rewards leadership and others in the design, implementation, and management of various cash and equity compensation programs, including our biannual review process, ensuring alignment with our key compensation principles of fairness and market competitiveness, as well as the organization's goals, budget, and legal regulations. Act as the lead on various cross-functional rewards initiatives.
- Business Advising: As a Compensation subject matter expert: collaborate and consult directly with HR Business Partners, business leaders, and cross-functional partners, providing expertise and data-driven insights and guidance regarding broad-based, executive, and equity compensation-related matters such as job evaluations and benchmarking, Drata’s pay programs and policies, and pay decisions. During the job evaluation and classification process, provide input on job descriptions and leveling.
- Competitive Analysis & Modeling: Conduct in-depth ad-hoc and regular compensation, and occasionally benefits, market analyses and benchmarking and employee and financial impact modeling, ensuring the organization's rewards remain competitive and attractive in the market and are sustainable for the business. Utilize advanced data analytics and storytelling to track, analyze, and present compensation metrics and trends, providing insights to support decision-making processes. Manage and prepare annual and ad hoc survey submissions, and provide summary insights on results.
- Communication and Training: Develop and implement communication and training programs and tools to educate employees and managers on total rewards topics such as broad compensation concepts, Drata’s rewards programs and policies, and pay decision-making. Build out training and reporting tools for the internal HR/Recruiting team and executive leadership.
- Data Integrity: Ensure rewards systems such as Workday and Carta are aligned with our internal data tracking and tools. Prepare equity award data for board approval, create data load files, enter job and compensation range data into Workday, regularly audit data and set up automated auditing frameworks, and make continued improvements to tools to support data integrity and clarity.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field; Master’s degree or relevant certifications (e.g., CCP, PHR, SPHR) preferred.
- 4+ years of progressive experience in compensation analytics and advising, with a demonstrable understanding of compensation principles, market analysis, and regulatory compliance.
- Workday HCM or advanced compensation experience
- Advanced proficiency in compensation benchmarking, cost modeling, and other advanced analytics using MS Excel/Google Sheets required.
- Radford and Pave benchmarking data/tools and Workday HCM and Advanced Compensation experience highly preferred
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality, and exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Healthcare: 90-100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care, with up to a $600 annual employer contribution to the HSA plan (if enrolled in HSA medical plan)
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $123,250 - $152,250
Tier 2: $110,925 - $137,025
Tier 3: $98,600 - $121,800
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation – including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.