Solutions Architect - EMEA
As a Solutions Architect at Drata, you are the customer-facing technical expert for the world’s most advanced security and compliance automation platform. SAs execute within the Customer Success function at Drata and work closely with Engineering and Product Management to drive fast and smooth security readiness programs, create and deliver best practices for a broad range of complex integrations and APIs, and advocate on behalf of customers’ needs for a rapidly growing platform. You’ll build trust and empathy with Drata’s most complex customers as you help connect their infrastructure, diagnose and remediate gaps, and advise them toward a continuous and self-sufficient compliance posture. You will also build that same trust with and empower internal-facing teams to support Drata customers and continue our best-in-class customer experience.
What problems you’ll solve:
- Increase customer understanding of Drata’s technical functionality and self-sufficiency in day-to-day usage
- Lower the bar for external resource usability by customers
- Lower the bar for external and internal resource usability, and communication of basic functional concepts, by all of Customer Success
- Reduce the number and frequency of engineering escalations through technical remediations and explanations to other Customer Success teams and customers
What you'll do:
- Be the technical expert on Drata’s entire platform, covering third-party integrations via APIs and webhooks, desktop applications, logging, database architecture, scripting, and documentation
- This will include deeper specialization in certain functional areas as customer and business needs dictate, including Google Workspace and GCP, Microsoft 365 and Azure, GitHub, JIRA, MDMs, multiple HRIS and background check providers, and others
- Serve as a technical partner and advocate for all of Drata’s customers
- Develop dedicated and deep technical and business relationships with Drata’s most mature and complex customers, in which you’ll help craft unique solutions outside the boundaries of the current platform and highlight specialized enhancements for Product Management months ahead of the current product roadmap
- Deliver and document technical architecture design and implementation guidance to CEOs, CTOs, CISOs, IT directors, and other security and compliance teams to ensure a clear path toward achieving success with multiple security, governance, risk, and compliance frameworks
- Stage, reproduce, and document platform behavior and customer issues to lead to quick resolutions, bug tickets, and new feature requests
- Partner with Customer Success and Sales to implement new discovery and onboarding processes, demonstrate value, and solution best practices for unique and varying technical configurations
- Articulate usage trends, competitive advantages and risks, and evolving integration platforms to Engineering and Product Management leaders that lead directly to production enhancements and gap closures
- Perform data migrations and deploy custom code to increase automation and transparency for customers
- Mentor other Solutions Architects and Technical Support Representatives to grow their skills and experience
- Train and empower all Customer Success teams on current product features, behavior, and level 1 troubleshooting
What you bring:
- 5+ years of post-sales experience in a Solutions Architect, Technical Account Manager, Customer Success Engineer, or equivalent position, ideally in B2B SaaS
- Enterprise customer-facing experience required, including demonstrated leadership with multiple roles
- Hands-on development experience in Azure, AWS, GCP or equivalent large-scale infrastructure systems
- Working knowledge of desktop applications and machine architecture on Windows, Mac, and Linux devices (including Chrome OS)
- Extensive experience with REST APIs and JSON
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and comfort with leading independent presentations, training, and debugging sessions with CTOs and business users
- Past experience working hand-in-hand with Sales, Sales Engineering, Customer Success, and Partner Integration teams
- A demonstrated track record of trust and influence with Product Management, Engineering, QA, and Security teams
- Healthcare: 90-100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.